AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting very jumpy reception, if any at all. Stays at Zero for minutes at a time, then jumps to 50% or 75% for a half a second, then gone again.

Anyone one else?

Guess I'll have to check the weather for tonights big X-Files Finale.

Hammer

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3-1 89%

10-1 83%

13-1 87%

40-1 00%

Hammer

·
Registered
176 Posts
No problems for me in Stockton.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very strange. Must have been weather related. The signal did slowly come back, and by 8p it was at normal levels with only an occasional drop out.

Hammer

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know the weather is awful tonight, but ZERO signal on all 4 channels? I usually get 100 signal strength from Granite Bay. I'm concerned that something else is wrong... maybe water on the coax or something? My analog reception is also very snowy - barely a picture on 31, 40, or 58.

Thanks,

SteveD

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, one problem solved - I had a loose coax connector going from my pre-amp power supply to my tuner.

But, still no digital reception on 3 of the 4 Sacramento stations. My current signal strengths from my DST-3000 at 12 midnight on Monday (still raining, but it's let up quite a bit):

13-1 (dig. 25): 100

3-1 (dig 35): 15-18

40-1 (dig 55): 0-6

10-1 (dig 61): 0-6

Any ideas? I just moved to the area and this is the first storm I've had since I moved. If this is weather related, I'm very bummed. Funny thing is, I moved from Pleasanton and, although my reception was much weaker overall I didn't seem to notice much weather interference.

By the way, my reception in general has been excellent. 100 signal strength almost all the time on all 4 stations. On some evenings, I even get SF stations, and I'm probably 100 miles away!

My antenna set-up is CM 4228 (8way bowtie) with a CM 7775 pre-amp connected to a DST-3000.

Thanks!

SteveD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let's try this again. In the space I used to recieve KXTV-10, I now get a duplecate of Channel KOVR-13. This is coming off the Dish system with the 6000 and the over the air modual. As I said, this has been going on for a little over a week.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to reset the 6000?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.