AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching FOX pregame show and i'm amazed how good the picture looks, dumb question but is it in HD right now? maybe its just me, can anyone else give some insight here?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,656 Posts
No, Fox only does 480i 16:9 digital network transmission at this time. The local Fox affiliates deinterlace to 480p, or upconvert to 720p/1080i.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The Bucs/Falcons 480p game via D* looks much better today to my eyes, compared to the previous 2 weeks efforts. Also the D* feed of the game looks better to me than my local FOX OTA broadcast.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I thought all fox games this year were supposed to be in Fox Widescreen. Is this not true?

Assuming that all of their games are not in widescreen, how does one find out which games will be in widescreen?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I just turned to the Giants vs. Redskins game on Fox widescreen. Today's broadcast has far far less motion artifacting (bordering close to none) that I've ever seen on any other Fox Widescreen football game. What are they doing different?

The detail hasn't changed. No more or less detail than previously. Even the fast moving graphics isn't hardly create any motion artifacts as they usually do.

My local affiliate (WRAZ-DT Fox 50 Raleigh, NC) upconverts all Fox's national feeds to 1080i.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Daryl L
I just turned to the Giants vs. Redskins game on Fox widescreen. Today's broadcast has far far less motion artifacting (bordering close to none) that I've ever seen on any other Fox Widescreen football game. What are they doing different?
Sometimes it works better than others, and today is one of the better days.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
So you see the difference too? I've never seen it this good. Maybe this means the back lighting at the Emmy's will look better than the last Fox awards event(forgot which).

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I'm flipping between the FOX game and CBS games and suprisely there is absolutely no difference in the amount of motion artifacting between both games. I'm seeing it but it's such a difference that it's nearly unbielieveable

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Fox looks great here too. Much better than previous weeks.

Certainly lacks the sharpness of CBS HD, but massively better than the early CBS game (Jets-Pats).

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I've been popping back and forth between DirecTV 72 and my local HD CBS. Either way you cut it, the Fox Widescreen is painful in comparison. I'm gonna watch some standard def stuff for a bit and then go back to teh FOX and see if it still hurts.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Aight, it's actually kind of nice to switch to it after watching 5-10 minutes of standard def... Close ups look good. I'd be ok with DirecTV continuing to broadcast the FOX Widescreen as part of the Sunday ticket. My local Fox affiliate is showing reruns of "COPS" It's sstill schwagvision vs. HDTV, but it's better than a kick in the nuts.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
LOL. True CBS looks better (sharper and more detail) but still I must admit FOX's broadcast today is much improve over all previous broadcasts I've seen. But the Skins are doing nothing so I'm staying on CBS for the rest of the game.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.