AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my new PRO151 coming later this week from Value Electronics. It's being delivered broke in and calibrated. I watch alot of both FOX news and ESPN News (approx. 3-4 hours) on a daily basis. Both channels have those "yellow scrolling tickers" at the bottom of their programs as well as their logo running all the time. Is IR anything to worry about with my new plasma or is this a non issue? If IR could be a problem, what's the solution (besides not watching these channels), or any advice??
Thanks in advance to all who take THEIR time to reply.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'd be more worried about too much exposure to Fox News causing brain damage rather than display damage.

But seriously, it shouldn't be a problem - I watch a lot of ESPN, and it hasn't caused any problem at all on any of my Kuros.

·
Registered
324 Posts
It shouldnt be a problem but plasmas burn brightest the first 200 hours of use. I would break the tv in with evangelo 2 slides the first 125 hours just to be safe.

·
Registered
885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongo /forum/post/18178319

It shouldnt be a problem but plasmas burn brightest the first 200 hours of use. I would break the tv in with evangelo 2 slides the first 125 hours just to be safe.

The dealer is running the evangelo 2 panel aging for 150 hours before it is calibrated at the store prior to shipping, so he should be good to go as soon as it arrives.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
May be a good idea to be a little cautious on it and keep an eye out for any IR forming. There was a user on here who got mild BI on his 111 from watching too much Fox. Blame Mr. Murdoche for trying to burn the fox logo into everyone's brains.

·
Registered
885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlplover /forum/post/18178703

May be a good idea to be a little cautious on it and keep an eye out for any IR forming. There was a user on here who got mild BI on his 111 from watching too much Fox. Blame Mr. Murdoche for trying to burn the fox logo into everyone's brains.

That guy admitted to basically watching nothing but Fox News for three hours every morning for two years without using the pixel orbiter.

And he is the only person I recall who has posted here who managed to burn-in his Kuro all by himself. That's essentially meaningless when compared to the handful of Kuro owners who have even reported temporary image retention, let alone the thousands of Kuro owners who have reported no problems whatsoever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts