AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sort of. I dont know if they turned off the psip. But I am watching StarWars on channel 44-1 which is now in my local and program guide(toshiba stb). It says 'regular schedule' instead of showing the program info, but it is a big improvement over what we needed to do before. I hope they leave it this way until there is a remap fix.

I dont mind watching it as channel 44-1 instead of 5-1

baimo

Unfortunately SW is being shown as 4x3. Time to watch the golf channel

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for this bump. But this thread was mistakenly moved from the hardware section into local HDTV. Although this issue effects new yorkers on fox, it has been documented as a mits/tosh/hughes stb problem that effects certain stations all over the country as noted here
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=114111

The remapping issue has not been fixed by Toshiba or DirecTV. it has just become more liveable by fox-ny temporarily (im sure) turning off their psip. I am sure this situation has not changed for people in other sections of the country.

baimo

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks

As of a 9:00 AM today, mine has kept 44-1 in the local menu and I have it in my favorites. I f I press 5-1 I get pax. but if I choose 44-1 it stays on fox. No remapping.

kschonha, do you also have the Toshiba box? I am at a loss as to why it would remap on yours, but not mine.

baimo

·
Registered
166 Posts
A few months ago I was having the the same problem as all of you above. Now I cant get locked on 44-1 at all for the last month or so. I'm still locked on 5-1 (pax) but cant get FOX at all now. Anyone having this problem?

P.S. I have a Mitshd500 receiver and live in Marlboro N.J.

John

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kschonha
Yes, I have the Toshiba DST-3000. I don't why they behave differently, either. Do you have the 5099 software version installed?
5099 upgraded from 5046. Really strange

·
Registered
166 Posts
Are you guys still having the FOX remapping problem?

Any updates?

John

·
Registered
166 Posts
HTnut...do you have Directv?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not experiencing the remapping problems, because my box is not remapping fox from 44-1 to 5-1. I am unsure as to why, because kschonha is still remapping to 5-1. The problem seems to happen after it gets remapped. That is when it switches to PAX here in NY area. I do not think DirecTV or Toshiba have addressed the issue.

baimo

·
Registered
166 Posts
baimo....so you have a locked signal on 44-1? I cant get it. I have CBS and UPN with no problem.

John

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jrq16
baimo....so you have a locked signal on 44-1? I cant get it. I have CBS and UPN with no problem.

John
Its kind of wierd. kschonha cant seem to get 44-1 either. But now that I have 44-1 set in my locals, I dont seem to have any problem with the unit( although I would prefer it to show as 5-1) switching to pax. I even got the courage to do another local scan and the 44-1 held its presence.

My unit is relatively new. It was upgraded to the current 5099 software fron 5046 and did not receive the interim software downloads.

What was yours upgraded from?

baimo

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just tried tuning to 44-1 (FOX-DT) and although it remapped to 5-1, it has not been switching to PAX. When I access the DST-3000's menu or channel guide the unit is maintaining its lock on the station.

I don't know if it will continue to function properly, but I am encouraged. Maybe it healed itself.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kschonha
I just tried tuning to 44-1 (FOX-DT) and although it remapped to 5-1, it has not been switching to PAX. When I access the DST-3000's menu or channel guide the unit is maintaining its lock on the station.

I don't know if it will continue to function properly, but I am encouraged. Maybe it healed itself.
Maybe FOX in Ny tweaked it psip info

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by HTnut
I still have the prob with my local Fox here in South Fla.. West Palm market.. ANyone know what was done so i can try to get some help down here?? ughhh
Woul you explain exactly what is happening? What stations and station numbers, etc. If only the New Yorkers problem was fixed, it must have been a FOX-NY adjustment.

I thought I read that someone from another state also was fixed. That led me to believe there was a software upgrade.

Is it only the NYC FOX that got fixed?

Baimo

·
Registered
166 Posts
Baimo...How does someone know if and when they've gotten any software updates?

John

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.