AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No official word yet, but Releaselists.com is mentioning April 21 (the week before the Wolverine film hits theaters) as the release date. It's the obvious and logical tie-in date, and we know they've been showing them off at events, so I'm willing to believe it.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
They are up for pre-order on DVDempire

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcole /forum/post/15558701

Let's see if they release them separately or together in a box with X3.

A box of the three at least would be somewhat better than having to buy the three Matrix movies. Instead of one great movie and two that absolutely suck, you get two very good movies and just one that sucks.

I'd still prefer to be able to buy just X-Men and X2. X3 was rancid.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcole /forum/post/15558701

Let's see if they release them separately or together in a box with X3.

I think that because X3 has already been on the market for some time, there's a good chance we'll be able to purchase the first two separately.

·
Banned
5,823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILJG /forum/post/15558790

A box of the three at least would be somewhat better than having to buy the three Matrix movies. Instead of one great movie and two that absolutely suck, you get two very good movies and just one that sucks.

I'd still prefer to be able to buy just X-Men and X2. X3 was rancid.

You're right X-Men 2 sucked so at least if they had a boxset i'd get two i liked

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviation /forum/post/15559235

I think that because X3 has already been on the market for some time, there's a good chance we'll be able to purchase the first two separately.

I can't imagine Fox wouldn't.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have reached a point in my life where I have little tolerance for the first X-MEN movie.

X2, on the other hand, will be copped in a big bad way.

·
Premium Member
24,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnikirk /forum/post/15558506

Hey cool news if true. I really enjoyed the first two films.

I agree, I enjoyed the first 2 so will be definitley getting them. I still have three but have not watched it yet, did not really like it.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyMulder /forum/post/15559580

You're right X-Men 2 sucked

You're definitely in the minority on this one.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell /forum/post/15559782

the X-Men d-theater tape was so amazing, a perfect soft yet amazingly detailed image, hopefully Fox doesn't screw this up

It looks like crap now though. If Fox uses the same old transfer people will be let down.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell /forum/post/15560964

nope, the D-Theater is reference stuff

I've never seen the D-Theater tape, but the way its transfer is being described matches my memory of seeing the movie theatrically.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Got excited until I realized it was Fox. Not going to pay 50 bucks for two discs.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's been a while since I've seen these, but as I recall X2 was actually the best of the lot and X3 was an absolute turd. I'll pick up the first 2 for sure if the transfers are decent.

KT

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyMulder /forum/post/15559580

You're right X-Men 2 sucked so at least if they had a boxset i'd get two i liked

Are you sure you didn't mean X3? I thought X2 was the best of the three. To each his own though.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts