AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is FR for the sub only, blue is pre bfd and pink is post bfd. how does it look. I love my sub, it is in a big room 24 by 16 with vaulted cielings. It sounds good but I am not blown away impresed with the performance it puts out. I am not getting that punch feeling that I expected. It is calibrated 2 db hot and crossed at 80.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
It looks to me like it is crossed over at 50Hz. The roll off above 50 may be why your not getting the performance you expect. I have also never seen as steep a drop at the bottom end before.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i cant figure out why it starts to drop off at 50. I the Xover the on sub turned all the way and it is crossed at the Reciever at 80. This is the FR for the sub only w/out the mains.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
What did you use to take that measurements? Check on your sub and make sure the amps x-over isnt set to around 50hz. If so that could be your issue. Also what sub?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew /forum/post/18174213

What did you use to take that measurements? Check on your sub and make sure the amps x-over isnt set to around 50hz. If so that could be your issue. Also what sub?

I used radio shack spl and spradsheet w corrction factors i found on another forum. The Xover on amp is all the way up, i can even disable it. The sub is SVS PB12 PLUS2.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I know it's a lot of work, but try taking the measurments in another part of the room. A +/2 should not roll off at 50 Hz like yours is showing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts