AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a 91" diagonal screen for my HD70 and am going to be using a Poly-Wall / Do-Able type of material from a home depot (Very Similar to Poly-Wall / Do-Able).

I dont want to use 1x4 because those are just way too wide for my taste, i was thinking of 1x2 boards but i was wondering if those would be strong enough, if they arent strong enough, ill go with 1x3's

Any Opinions on this?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
1x3 boards actually measure out to 2.5" in most cases and this is actually a very nice border width.

Smaller than that for a large screen and it looks too thin, larger can look nice but sometimes too bulky. 2.5 is a nice happy medium to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsiViper /forum/post/0

Building a 91" diagonal screen for my HD70 and am going to be using a Poly-Wall / Do-Able type of material from a home depot (Very Similar to Poly-Wall / Do-Able).

I live in a non-do-able region and would like to know what product you've found. Please share your results when you're done, too.

Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFred /forum/post/0

I live in a non-do-able region and would like to know what product you've found. Please share your results when you're done, too.

Thanks
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...86#post9556786

Painted tileboard. I'm looking at doing the same thing... Just waiting for some paint recommendations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.