AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the screen but with no frame. Can I buy the frame on its own from Stewart? Anyone know the aprox price?

If not, guess I will make one. Not sure how I would incorporate the snaps that are on the material.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Call Jason at AVS. I'm sure he can find out. FYI, you can buy the fabric separately, so perhaps you can buy the frame, too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Blueshirt.

Where did you get the screen material? Is it Stewart?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it is a stewart screen. It has snaps, but did not come with the frame.

A person switched PJ and needed to go to a higher gain, so they just swapped out the screen material.

I am going to try to build one myself, but if it goes bad, I just wanted to know if I could suck it up and buy one from stewart.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Stewart will make a new frame for the mateiral. You would just need to supply the serial number so that they could make sure to match the snaps up okay.

Thanks.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Jason,

If I had an older Stewart Studiotek fixed Frame, can I order a Firehawk to fit onto the frame. I am thinking of changing my 1.3 gain studiotek to a FireHawk.

thanks

Lyndon

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Lyndon,

Yes they will make replacement material for existing frames. Again, you would just need to supply the serial number to your dealer and they could get a price for you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Jason,

I meant can I give you the serial number so that I could get one off you as in the AVS Forum. I know that the AVS Forum is not authorised to sell to Stewart Screens in Australia, however I could circumvent that by getting you to deliver to an uncle living in Los Angeles.

The prices of Stewart screen are just ludicruous here, you've got to be pretty rich or stupid to be paying so much...we are talking US$2.5k for a fixed frame Stewark screen here in Australia.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Well I am allowed to sell Stewart to the US, so I guess there is nothing wrong with that. Keep in mind that you would be responsible for shipping after it was at your uncle's place. Also remember that warranty would only be valid in the US.

Send me an email with the serial number.

Thanks, Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.