AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased an LG 65lb5200 from Best Buy in this past week as I felt like it was time to upgrade my gaming setup. My initial impressions were great, Picture was clear and vibrant and I was pretty happy with it. Then i started to play some games on it and noticed some frame issues when playing some games.

I have set the TV into game mode and turned off all the post processing options available through the TV settings as I know thats best for gaming. Anyway, I'm an avid fan of fighting games and I was just messing around with some games on the TV and noticed that the TV would have some slow down in certain situations.

I'm getting random frame rate drops, particularly during events like multi hit moves. I've tried this with HDMI, through my receiver and directly hooked up to the console and via composite as well. The frame rate starts to chug after a while. I've tested this over different consoles and different games. I've tried googling this and I can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem and have even checked the owners thread prior to posting this. I wanted to ask this question directly instead of just trying to do guesswork. If anyone can help shed some light on this, i would be eternally grateful. I'll continue googling for answers, but pleas ei fyou have any ideas I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Do you have TruMotion turned off? You probably want that on for gaming. Also, I didn't notice any input lag when playing COD in my normal alibrated Cinema picture mode. No need for Game mode. Which is good because regardless of calibration, picture quality in Game mode looked terrible.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have this TV and have it hooked up to a gaming PC. I've not noticed this but haven't looked for it either. How are you testing the frame rate?

I'll go play some GTA V and turn on FRAPS. I'll let you know what I find.
Since you're connected to pc any way you can test input lag? I'd love to see some exact numbers on this tv. I didn't notice any performance difference in COD between this and my projector, which I know had very little lag. I feel sorry for people who suck at FPS games when it's not even them just their high lag tv lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Since you're connected to pc any way you can test input lag? I'd love to see some exact numbers on this tv. I didn't notice any performance difference in COD between this and my projector, which I know had very little lag. I feel sorry for people who suck at FPS games when it's not even them just their high lag tv lol.
Can you give a recommendation for how I should test this? I found this site: http://tft.vanity.dk/ will that do? I'll test this later for sure.

Tested on GTA V with GTX 660 TI 3GB and I get a steady and unwavering 23 FPS. I guess GTA V is capping it at 23? Seems odd. Maybe a setting somewhere, but it was steady the entire time on very high settings.

UPDATE:

Seems that a Graphics setting in GTA V causes the cap. I'll change that and update later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.