AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1247 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Ive started this thread awhile back ( A long while back ) and since then Ive been looking at getting a new facelift for my room. It was meant to happen a number of years ago but unfortunately it just didn't get their at the time ( Tradie issues ). In the meantime I upgraded my equipment I went from a Marantz AV8802 to an Anthem AVM 60 and then picked up a Marantz Av8805 on a bargain. Ive also moved to 4K UHD and changed my Projector from a JVC X5900BE to a Sony Laser 760es (885) and then a Sony Laser 870es (995). Unfortunately Ive had issues with both of those projectors and was able to get a credit from my store. I ended up getting a JVC NX9 which also had issues with Vertical Stripes but it got fixed with the help from a prominent JVC Member ( You now who you are ) who sent an email and got the job done.

I ended up with custom made Acoustic Panels ( Which include diffusion panels as well on the back wall ).

The JVC NX9 is placed in a seperate back room and the Epson is in the HT Room
The Blu ray Players are in a seperate room ( office Room ).

Room is setup for Atmos

Room Size : 3.8m x 5.03
Acoustics : Custom made + Viacoustic
My speakers: B&W CT 7.3 for fronts and CT 7.5 surrounds; 4 JL Audio Fathom F112; 4x B&W Ceiling Speakers
Screen:117" 2:37:1 Stewart Studio Tech G3 1.3 Gain
Processor: Marantz AV8805
Power Amps: 2x Rotel RMB1585 and 1 RMB 1552 MK2.
4k UHD Players: Panasonic UB9000,820,420x2 & Sony X700
Blu ray Region A ( Denon 2010 )
Projectors : JVC NX9 (4k HDR ) & Epson TW9400 ( For Blu rays )
Power: Isotek Aquarius / Solus; Furman SPR 16ei / F1500 UPS E
Cooling Aircon AC Infinty T10

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
very cool .

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hello Frank!

It's about time!
The room and system looks outstanding!

The projector and anamorphic lens looks nice also!

Because of the screen height, do you ever worry about reflection off the ceiling, especially during bright scenes? I know the gray paint absorbs a lot of it. Normally, the conventional positioning calls for the screen to be at least 12 inches from the ceiling.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Frank, it's looking great, awesome gear and beautiful room!

·
Registered
18,188 Posts
Way cool, my friend.
I bet you and your family have a ton o' fun in that room.
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
23,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 /forum/post/16813744

Frank,

That is sweet! I hadn't seen your setup in a while. I love it! I see that you got that anamorphic lens you were wanting.

Thanks for sharing your way cool system.

Seth

Thankyou Seth. Its another one of those best investments that I have done for the room.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Frank's back with some more HT goodness I see ! The room looks better than ever mate, but would love to see some more pics chief !
*hint hint*

Maybe some screenshots too ?!

·
Premium Member
23,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_FORCE /forum/post/16815942

Frank's back with some more HT goodness I see ! The room looks better than ever mate, but would love to see some more pics chief !
*hint hint*

Maybe some screenshots too ?!

Thanks mate. With the screenshots im going to wait and get a descent camera. My small canon won't do it any justice. Actually I will add a shot from the front of the room to the back tomorrow.

·
Registered
18,188 Posts
Great work! With those two new pics, you really get a feel for the room. I love your acoustic panels. I bet your HT room really rocks! I keep checking my mailbox for an invite, but it's always empty...

·
Premium Member
23,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/16821076

Great work! With those two new pics, you really get a feel for the room. I love your acoustic panels. I bet your HT room really rocks! I keep checking my mailbox for an invite, but it's always empty...

If you ever came to Australia Perth you will certainly get an invitation

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hello Frank.

The room is impressive. Since the modifications, which movie have you watched that really revealed the improvements? (had the most audio and visual impact).

I love how you've implemented the rear in-ceiling speakers.

If I recall correctly you told me previously that the rears are Focals and the sides/surrounds are of a different manufacturer but share similar driver and tweeter material (very unique) allowing them to be timbre-matched, right? What's the name of the other Manufacturer?

Regards.

·
Premium Member
23,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 /forum/post/16822691

Hello Frank.

The room is impressive. Since the modifications, which movie have you watched that really revealed the improvements? (had the most audio and visual impact).

I love how you've implemented the rear in-ceiling speakers.

If I recall correctly you told me previously that the rears are Focals and the sides/surrounds are of a different manufacturer but share similar driver and tweeter material (very unique) allowing them to be timbre-matched, right? What's the name of the other Manufacturer?

Regards.

Hi ldgibson76,

The speakers are Sonance and there Beryluim which are the same as my Focals. Audio wise is fantastic I love it and most movies sound great.Room treatment and having my room HAA calibrated and Subs Calibrated professionally has certainly made a difference. We can't forget Audyssey(The the cheery on top).

Going anamorphic had a big night and day difference for me and my first films I had to watch was the Star Wars Trilogy and seeing the Star Destroyers come across the screen in that size is mind blowing. Im looking forward to watch LOTR on BD, Just can't wait for its release.

1 - 20 of 1247 Posts