AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i own a cary audio setup with the cinema 6 receiver and the cinema 5 amp. I am looking for the best towers out there for no more than $4000 a pair. I've been looking at B&W and Ushers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I am considering avery speaker out there so just let me know.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Some to consider:

Revel F32; Von Schweikert VR4Jr; Dali Halicon 400; Dynaudio (not sure of price points for their models). There are many more, of course, but if I were in the market now, those would be the ones I would want to hear.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Oh, I left off one interesting candidate: Aerial Model 6

·
Banned
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcascio44
Alright i own a cary audio setup with the cinema 6 receiver and the cinema 5 amp. I am looking for the best towers out there for no more than $4000 a pair. I've been looking at B&W and Ushers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I am considering avery speaker out there so just let me know.
B&W 803s.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricD
Anyone looking for "feakin awesome speakers" must want Klipsch....

/flame suit on

:)

Even if you do not buy Klipsch, you should definitely do all of your audio auditioning at Best Buy.

Psst, EricD, can I borrow your suit?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Monitor Audio GR60's are in your price range and are very very nice IMO.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Onix Reference 3, Von Schweikert VR4 jr, Thiel CS2.4, Revel F30 or F32, Vandersteen 3A, Dali Helicon 400, Dynaudio Contour 1.8 MKII, MarinLogan Ascent, Usher CP-6381, Amphion Xenon, Magnepan MG 3.6, Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand, Salk Sound Veracity HT3, Joseph Audio RM25si, Spendor S8e, Living Voice Auditorium, and whole bunch of others I'm sure.

Best of luck in your search. :)

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Thiel CS 2.4

Although their MSRP is higher than your upper range, you probably can get dealer discount to bring it back into your range.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterdog
Klipsch...like mine :D
Cool, I used to have a pair of La Scalas along with two sets of Fortes. Klipsch was the "stuff" when I was stationed in Germany. Seems like everyone had Heresys, Kg4s, Fortes; and I had the audacity to bring those washing machines, er, 'Scalas into the barracks!!! :D

Of course that was a few years back . . . 1986-8.

What are you using for a center?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nurk Twins
Osprey.
You mean Medowlark? Aren't they out of business? Did you replace your Aerials with these? Just cuz you keep changing your name doens't mean we can't keep up with ya' :p .

·
Banned
34 Posts
Haven't replaced them yet but the Osprey are better than the Aerial. All drivers are available so the fact that McGinty went under doesn't really bother me. You should audition them if you can. Think you'll be pleasantly surprised by them. They're just so damned musical and do so many things right. We did 2 days of blind testing with the 7B and the Meadowlark won in almost every category. Kind of pissed me off because it looks like another upgrade is going to happen.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
anthony Gallo ref 3's, B&w 804s.....

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I second the Vandersteen 3A Signature suggestion. Also, whatever Silverline Audio model you can afford are worth a listen.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I'll second the Dali Helicon 400's only because I have the step below them...the Evidence 470's... and oh are they a beautiful, wonderful sounding speaker!

A friend of mine in Hawaii just bought a pair of Helicon 400's...he's a 2 channel soul...and he was blown away by them. He also had the Evidence 470's and Gallo's but liked the Helicon's the best.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.