AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read a post here the other day that mentioned Freddy Vs Jason was being released in Canada (I believe through Alliance, like Nightmare On Elm Street). Can't find the post anymore... Has anyone seen this in-stores? I see there's a link on Amazon.ca now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
Interesting enough, looking at some of the links it also shows


Child's Play Seed of Chucky

Hostage


for a release tomorrow... Guess we'll see what happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist2Inspire /forum/post/15467679


Interesting enough, looking at some of the links it also shows


Child's Play Seed of Chucky

Hostage


for a release tomorrow... Guess we'll see what happens.

Yep those are due tomorrow here as well. Here is a list I saw elsewhere of the Canadian releases that are on amazon.ca:


January 6th releases:

Hostage

Seed of Chucky

Freddy vs. Jason


January 27th releases:

The Butterfly Effect


February 3rd releases:

Good Will Hunting

Cold Mountain

The Constant Gardener

15 Minutes

DOA: Dead or Alive

21 Grams


There is no reason to not expect them as there are other Canadian only releases out already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/15468142


Does anyone know what the audio for freddy vs jason and the butterfly effect is? Just went to go and check but can't seem to find it.

Pic of the back here shows DTS HD MA 5.1 for Freddy vs Jason. It shows DTS HD MA 5.1 for all the releases due tomorrow.

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDeta...eddy-Vs.-Jason


They don't have info for The Butterfly Effect it seems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts
I'm not getting any of the ones due tomorrow but I have the following pre-ordered from CH:


The Butterfly Effect

Cold Mountain

The Constant Gardener
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDarrylR /forum/post/15468337


I'm not getting any of the ones due tomorrow but I have the following pre-ordered from CH:


The Butterfly Effect

Cold Mountain

The Constant Gardener

The Butterfly effect is another I wold love to order but will wait to see what audio it has.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
I hope Freddy vs Jason isn't DNR'd... New Line loves their DNR for whatever reason. Although this is from Alliance, their release of the original Nightmare on Elm St was defintely scrubbed, so it possible the masters come with pre-applied DNR from New Line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Yeah, it's watchable and definitely better than DVD (although so are all Blu-rays). But it's still a bit disappointing that such a classic doesn't look as good as it could.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,749 Posts
as a fan of horror films but I don't get it why Newline and Warner bros.choose this title for the first month of the year.I just saw again as dvd in DD EX as well as JASON X,both movies are sucked in my taste.just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Yeah, Jason vs Freddy was more of an action film than horror. None of the kills except the first one were bloody and violent, and Freddy was totally given the shaft with
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) only one kill (or two if you count Freeburg)
. But it was still entertaining and makes me nostalgic for my highschool years so I'll be buying it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd213 /forum/post/15469175


Yeah, Jason vs Freddy was more of an action film than horror. None of the kills except the first one were bloody and violent, and Freddy was totally given the shaft with
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) only one kill (or two if you count Freeburg)
. But it was still entertaining and makes me nostalgic for my highschool years so I'll be buying it.

I think the anticipated film for horor fans this year is remake of FRIDAY THE 13 TH,hopefully it's good as Texas chainsaw by M.Bay.
 
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Top