AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case any of you were holding out for another freebie- DishNetwork is offering a repeat of their free 8PSK adapter for the 6000 as long as you subscribe to Discovery HDTheater for a year. It's about as good a deal as you're going to get right now on Discovery HDTheater and the new NBA HD games on 9425. Both Discovery HDTheater and the NBA HD channel (AKA HD special events channel) require the 8PSK module adapter to receive. The NBA HD channel is free and has been offering NBA games often.

Why you may not wish to do this deal now--

You may wish to wait and get the 921 receiver that has 8PSK built in when it comes out. You may wish to see what the HDTV package deal will offer later this year. But, if you were planning to stick with the 6000 and have been holding out for a better deal on this new dish HDTV requirement, then now may be the time to get with their program of HDTV expansion.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I guess this gives us some insight into Dish's plans, specifically that they aren't going to be offering any package for $10-$12 including Discovery, HDnet, Espn, etc. at least for another year.

I just bought the 8PSK for $49 a couple of months ago thinking they were going ot carry ESPN, Oh well.

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll bump this up since it is a PSA to help others with a free offer from DishNetwork who have been waiting and really doesn't require any comments.

Maybe, Ken, you could stick it to the top for the month of May.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Quote:
I guess this gives us some insight into Dish's plans, specifically that they aren't going to be offering any package for $10-$12 including Discovery, HDnet, Espn, etc. at least for another year.
I wouldn't read that much into it. Up until the day before the HDTV package launches, Dish will probably continue to sell one-year Discovery HD subscriptions. It just means that customers will either have to pay the difference to receive the other HD channels, or [less likely] they will get the rest for free for the duration of their Discovery subscription.

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maintenance time again!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bfdtv
I wouldn't read that much into it. Up until the day before the HDTV package launches, Dish will probably continue to sell one-year Discovery HD subscriptions. It just means that customers will either have to pay the difference to receive the other HD channels, or [less likely] they will get the rest for free for the duration of their Discovery subscription.
I had considered the second option as well. Would be a good deal if you could get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.