AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark Hunter is looking for a few qualified individuals that own JVC DILA projectors to volunhteer to have their projectors calibrated by him for free.

He has already done several with the new wizard in DILARD and he wants to test more to fine tune the software.

Kevin Gilmore and videoht have already done so and have posted glowing comments.

If you work it out with him your only cost would be to pay shipping both ways to and from his place.

There is some disucssion of what calibration (properly done) can do to your DILA unit

http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/008141.html

If you have questions, Mark is watching this thread.

He felt it was a tad in bad form to toot his own horn, so I am gladly doing it for him.

Chuck

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'd love to volunteer my G15. The problem is I haven't gotten it yet. My dealer has telling me "this week" for 3 three weeks now. If it comes in the next few days, I'll post to this thread.

I'd prefer to drive up to Raliegh and hand deliver it if possible (I'm in Atlanta). Would that be possible? How long do you think Mark needs the projector?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Would this invalidate other (cliff) calibrations? Should one risk such a calibrated projector?

Thanks.

------------------

Everywhere is within running distance...if you have the time.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
I have a G-11 and Dilard & would love to participate.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Guys,

Sorry about the confusion regarding this.

The free calibrations was a technique I was using during the Alpha testing of the upcoming Wizards. I would calibrate a projector just for the opportunity to do it.

The idea, of course, was that Dilard would do the work for me, but I would hand-calibrate them if it was unable to do the job. Quite effective punishment if Dilard didn't do everything perfectly, let me assure you.

The Alpha program is just about complete, and we are just about to go to public Beta. Since existing Dilard owners will get the upgrade for free (minus the hardware), I guess you could call that a free calibration http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif . (How am I doing? I'm trying to do spin control here).

Anyway, during this tail end of the Alpha phase, I am only doing in-person calibrations ("house calls"), and don't have the time to drive more than an hour or two.

If you are near the triangle with a D-ILA, let me know. If not, I will be getting the Public Beta together for everyone else very soon.

Sorry for the confusion. This was not intended to be posted as a "Public" offer.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Drats!

I guess Arizona is out of the question then, huh Mark?

When you say Public Beta, what exactly does that mean?

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.