AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,235 Posts
I was excited because I thought it was Flower

You should be able to understand the controls in FlOw after about five minutes.

· Registered
875 Posts
thanks!

· Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* /forum/post/18129017

I can see that...lol. I should have spelled the title like you have it, and there would be no mistaking it for another. I never did re-download this game when I replaced my phat with a slim. Glad I found a reminder

Here's a little review for the game. I don't remember it being co-op, but that's cool..I can play with my daughter.

http://palgn.com.au/playstation-3/9373/psn-flow-review/

· Registered
875 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanracer34 /forum/post/18128576

I had noticed this, so I got it. It does use the sixaxis controls, but they hardly give you any instructions on what to do.

Yeah I am trying to figure it out. All i could tell was that left was right, so I ended up turning the controller around so the sticks were on bottom. Then with all the turning I was doing, I kept having to flip it over in my hands. Either I've got it incredibly wrong or no one ever tested this.

· Registered
1,883 Posts
You definitely don't have to flip the controller upside down. Make sure you start out with the controller perfectly level (most people naturally hold it at an angle, so that the sticks are facing you; hold it so that the sticks are straight up). Then, just tilt the controller slightly to move. That's it.

· Registered
875 Posts
I was trying to turn it like in Mario Kart. I am assuming that's definitely wrong. Thanks

· Registered
137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* /forum/post/18129017

Today Flower is on sale for $4.99

· Registered
1,883 Posts
The first time I played flOw I, too, tried moving the controller as if it were a steering wheel. Turns out it's more like one of those toys where you steer a ball bearing through a maze by tilting it.

Flower has similar controls, and I recommend it to everyone. It is much, much cooler than flOw.

· Registered
7,702 Posts
For anyone who got the free version of flOw, I'm reading in another forum that the $3 DLC will not work with this version. This doesn't make much sense to me that Sony would give away something and then impede people from buying the related extra, unless they hoped people would like the game so much, they'd buy the whole bundle.

· Registered
3,558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster /forum/post/18134825

For anyone who got the free version of flOw, I'm reading in another forum that the $3 DLC will not work with this version. This doesn't make much sense to me that Sony would give away something and then impede people from buying the related extra, unless they hoped people would like the game so much, they'd buy the whole bundle.

I can confirm that the DLC does not work with the download of Flow. I have asked Sony about it and have not received a response yet. I am very annoyed because if they gimped this free version by not allowing the DLC to work why they heck didn't they say anything about it? I gave them money for the DLC, money I wouldn't have given them otherwise because I did not see the value in the game for what they are asking for it. Thwy made a sale and now I have a useless piece of DLC sitting on my XMB. What's interesting is that if you try to power off the system it will give you the message that accompanies other downloads that have not installed. It says the system will power off after installing the DLC like usual but when you accept and hit power off it flashes for a second and the system shuts down. This is a very annoying situation for me lol.

· Registered
7,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/18137694

I can confirm that the DLC does not work with the download of Flow. I have asked Sony about it and have not received a response yet. I am very annoyed because if they gimped this free version by not allowing the DLC to work why they heck didn't they say anything about it? I gave them money for the DLC, money I wouldn't have given them otherwise because I did not see the value in the game for what they are asking for it. Thwy made a sale and now I have a useless piece of DLC sitting on my XMB. What's interesting is that if you try to power off the system it will give you the message that accompanies other downloads that have not installed. It says the system will power off after installing the DLC like usual but when you accept and hit power off it flashes for a second and the system shuts down. This is a very annoying situation for me lol.

It's probably too late in your case, but I'm also reading in another forum that if you got the free version of flOw but haven't installed it yet or installed but declined the patch, you can get the DLC to work by downloading the DLC before installing the patch. Of course, since the free version isn't showing up in download lists there's no way to delete it and reinstall.

Good luck with Sony; I'm interested in hearing what they have to say.

· Registered
1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster /forum/post/18139709

It's probably too late in your case, but I'm also reading in another forum that if you got the free version of flOw but haven't installed it yet or installed but declined the patch, you can get the DLC to work by downloading the DLC before installing the patch. Of course, since the free version isn't showing up in download lists there's no way to delete it and reinstall.

Good luck with Sony; I'm interested in hearing what they have to say.

Bah. I grabbed it for free on Saturday after reading this thread. I played it for a good 20 minutes and though I understood the controls I found almost no enjoyment in that time. It really impresses me as more of an interactive OpenGL screensaver circa Windows98 than a game for the 2007/2010 Playstation3...it's a stretch but the best way to describe it as a game is an updated Pacman without any ghosts (at least as far as I went in the game). If you have an extra $5 sitting in your PSN account I'd suggest saving it and picking up PJ Eden or Lemmings instead buying an ungimped fl0w and its expansions.

· Registered
1,883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 /forum/post/18140652

It really impresses me as more of an interactive OpenGL screensaver circa Windows98 than a game for the 2007/2010 Playstation3.

Just to provide some context, flOw was originally written as a Flash game; it was Jenova Chen's thesis project, to demonstrate his ideas about dynamically adjusting a game's difficulty to suit the player's ability. It became a PS3 game when Sony signed Chen up for a three-game contract, and while the PS3 version has some added features over the Flash version, it really isn't intended to demonstrate the power of the console.

(Chen's next game, Flower, does demonstrate the power of the console, albeit subtly; there are 200,000 blades of grass swaying in the breeze in that game.)

· Registered
7,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 /forum/post/18137694

You may find some hope in this post in another forum if you don't hear back from Sony: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/flo...tml#post546667

· Registered
3,558 Posts
Well I'm curious. I still haven't heard back from them but I was wondering if this works like the GT: HD Concept game that is no longer available on PSN but can be redownloaded if it's in your download history. If I were to delete the game and then check in my download history would it still be there to redownload? I'm thinking if Sony leaves the free file on their servers it will be. I want to try but not until I hear back from them. If all else fails I will escalate with who I need to to get a refund on my DLC purchase. I'm not really mad at Sony just annoyed they didn't anticipate this happening and give us an option for dealing with it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.