AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone download the free map and dashboard skin today? is the map any fun?

i'm at work so i won't be able to try until tonight.

fyi, legendary map pack is supposed to be cheaper now too.

·
Registered
16,553 Posts
Is this for Halo 3 ?

I did not see it , maybe I missed it .

-- Jason

·
Registered
176 Posts
Will d/l this tonight.

On a side note...anyone experience problems w/ Halo 3 online this wknd? I had a bunch of glitching and frozen matches.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
^^^^^as soon as the next pack of maps is out i would assume. so.....the future!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Okay, downloaded fairly quickly. It apparently is a remake of a Halo 1 map and pretty good one. I'm not good with names so I couldn't tell you which one. But I can only forge, it won't let me use it as a custom map.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
They have a video walkthrough of the map on Live also.

·
Registered
251 Posts
not sure why they don't just make faithfull enhancements of ALL the Halo, Halo2 levels. That would be MONEY for sure. "inspired by" creations just haven't cut it.

·
Banned
2,950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmosh /forum/post/14239885

not sure why they don't just make faithfull enhancements of ALL the Halo, Halo2 levels. That would be MONEY for sure. "inspired by" creations just haven't cut it.

I'd buy every one of them. My friends and I have said this exact same thing. Great Halo 2 maps with the new weapons and features. If someone really wanted to milk DLC, that would be the way. I'm sure production costs have a lot to do with that very thing not happening.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Probably not production but more so much beta testing that has to be done to minimize people glitching their way into an advantageous spot or out of the map. The few matches I have played were pretty good.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i liked the map but got freakin' "Braaains" five times in a row last night and people wouldn't veto. i had to leave.

heard that the mythic map pack was scheduled for august/september. legendary would then be free.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Is this map still available on the market place? I successfully found the gamer pics & theme but I had no luck finding the map whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
4,292 Posts
was this supposed to be free only on the 7th or starting n the 7th? i downloaded it today on the 8th for free.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I heard it was a one day only thing with the gamerpics. I wonder if you can do the send to a friend thing with the one day only stuff?

This one day only stuff is lame. It makes you SOL if you are out of town on that one day. (sigh)

·
Registered
374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwarper /forum/post/14238164

ANyone hear when the legendary map pack will be free? I have three 360's and hate buying 3 copies of map packs.

Here's a suggestion so you only have to pay for two downloads:

Given I own 2 360's this is what I do:

1) Signon to my partners 360 using "my" gamertag (stored on a memory stick)

2) Purchase and download the content onto her machine.

3) Signout and then sign in to my 360 and redownload the content.

My partner can then sign in on her machine using her gamertag and has access to the maps (online or off)

I can signon to my machine, and use the maps as well, (but I have to be online)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts