AVS Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
As Dominic has just flagged-up the name change, yes - LightSpace DPS is now called LightSpace ZRO.

Steve

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
free version vs. output

Hello, interested in getting in to home calibration and starting cheaply (I've started hobbies and overspent initially, then not consistently followed through with them).
If using a laptop with the laptop generated patches, are you limited to RGB (at least for bit accurate output)? Referring to the cheap pattern generator thread.
Also, recommendations for likely successful laptops. Sounds like a basic Intel graphics is OK?
If you really want the YCbCr output with the free version, then Ted's disc is best?

Edit: No one need answer on my account, as I purchased Ted's disc. As I read more it became clear that such use should be RGB, and I would rather simulate the real chain for blu-ray movies. Others may want to know the answer to the laptop question (for likely success with RGB) but perhaps in the cheap pattern generator thread ...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I want to try LightSpace ZRO, however my sensor is i1 display pro 2 (retail) and there is no this sensor in the list of possible sensors.
Is it possible to make it work with LS?
This sensor works fine with DisplayCAL (ArgyllCMS).

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
DisplayCAL/ArgyllCMS use the custom Argyll drivers, while LS uses only the X-Rite SDK drivers, and as delivered, works only with the OEM meter. You will need to contact Steve at Light Illusion directly about what you need to do to get your Retail meter running.

Or read through this thread. Page 3 has your answer.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
I want to try LightSpace ZRO, however my sensor is i1 display pro 2 (retail) and there is no this sensor in the list of possible sensors.
Is it possible to make it work with LS?
This sensor works fine with DisplayCAL (ArgyllCMS).
Which specific meter do you have? X-Rite has i1Display 1/2, i1 Display Pro (aka i1 Display 3); i1 Display Pro Plus. I don't believe there's an "i1 display pro 2" meter.

·
Registered
537 Posts
DisplayCAL/ArgyllCMS use the custom Argyll drivers, while LS uses only the X-Rite SDK drivers, and as delivered, works only with the OEM meter. You will need to contact Steve at Light Illusion directly about what you need to do to get your Retail meter running.

Or read through this thread. Page 3 has your answer.
Thank you, I've received a solution (that was really fast).

Which specific meter do you have? X-Rite has i1Display 1/2, i1 Display Pro (aka i1 Display 3); i1 Display Pro Plus. I don't believe there's an "i1 display pro 2" meter.
iDisplay pro (xrite got me really confused with all these "pro" and "2")

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
X-Rite's naming conventions are bollocks, as our friends in the UK would say... ;)

81 - 87 of 87 Posts