AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've got a site up with free music that you can use in your projects. The cost of licensing music today is pretty outrageous, so I'm trying to do what I can to help my fellow artists. All I ask is to be credited as indicated on my site.

soundimage.org

I hope it's helpful. Any and all feedback is welcome (and appreciated.)

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Welcome to the forum Eric.

I played two clips and found I liked them.

Thank you for providing an interesting and generous approach for amateurs to put music into their videos. I wish you success in your project.

Bill

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum Eric.

I played two clips and found I liked them.

Thank you for providing an interesting and generous approach for amateurs to put music into their videos. I wish you success in your project.

Bill
Hi Bill,

Thanks for checking out my music. I hope you find something you can use. :)

Eric

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Eric.

Are you using original synths/modules or sample libraries? I recognise a lot of stuff, especially D50 and 01 based sounds, and even some single oscillator analogue stuff, maybe Sequential :)

Cheers,
Dave.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Eric.

Are you using original synths/modules or sample libraries? I recognise a lot of stuff, especially D50 and 01 based sounds, and even some single oscillator analogue stuff, maybe Sequential :)

Cheers,
Dave.
Hi Dave,

So far, it's all been straight out of a physical synth...nothing is from sample libraries, loops, software synths, etc.

Thanks for checking out my site and I hope you find something useful,

Eric

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
....So far, it's all been straight out of a physical synth.......
I've got a granddaughter that has been teaching herself to make music on a Yamaha electric piano. If I knew more about synthesizers I might take her shopping. Would you please tell me what synthesizer you are using? For reference, I did some quick reading on a "Korg microKorg 37-Key Analog Modeling Synthesizer with Vocoder" at Amazon, but didn't understand it. Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a granddaughter that has been teaching herself to make music on a Yamaha electric piano. If I knew more about synthesizers I might take her shopping. Would you please tell me what synthesizer you are using? For reference, I did some quick reading on a "Korg microKorg 37-Key Analog Modeling Synthesizer with Vocoder" at Amazon, but didn't understand it. Thanks.
Yeah, it's a whole other world...lol. A modeling synth is probably not what you need. Mine is a Korg Triton Workstation (which I don't believe they make anymore.) There are so many great synths out there...you really have to do research and try them out. Take her over to the guitar center (or a similar place) and let her have fun trying them out to see what she likes (and to see what is affordable...they can get pricy.) :)

Eric

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Dave,

So far, it's all been straight out of a physical synth...nothing is from sample libraries, loops, software synths, etc.

Thanks for checking out my site and I hope you find something useful,

Eric
Cool.

What synths are you using, and what sequencing and hardware?

I only ask because in a previous life I used to run a recording studio and produce music. I also used to do a lot of electronic music, both analogue and various forms of digital.

Cheers,
Dave.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool.

What synths are you using, and what sequencing and hardware?

I only ask because in a previous life I used to run a recording studio and produce music. I also used to do a lot of electronic music, both analogue and various forms of digital.

Cheers,
Dave.
Hi Dave,

I use a Korg Triton and record and record/mix with Sonar...it's a very simple set-up. Must've been fun running a studio...I'd love to hear some of your music. :)

Eric

Eric

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi everyone,

I've had several requests for action pieces...mostly from indie game developers...so I've started an "Action" page and uploaded 5 new pieces with varying styles. If there's a particular style you're interested in, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I also uploaded some new pieces on the Nature/Science page as well as the Technology page. I hope they are helpful.

Thanks for all your feedback and support,

Eric
http://soundimage.org/

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi everyone,

I've posted some new tracks on the following pages:

Sci-Fi/Space
Quiet/Peaceful/Mellow

I've also received a number of requests for longer pieces (in general) so I thought I'd begin creating longer versions of some of my tracks.

If you all have any thoughts about tracks of mine that you'd like to use, but wish were longer, please let me know. :)

Thanks,
Eric
http://soundimage.org/

·
Registered
522 Posts
One of the big frustrations of fitting incidental music to a video is matching the length of the piece to the length of the video. many editors have a "music" attachment that will match the music to the video length but the choice of music is so boring.

I try to select a track form a CD or other source that is both suitable and roughly the same length as the video. I then stretch or compress it to match. Most editors allow the track to be altered in this way and the only effect is to speed up or slow the tempo. Because the notes are in digital form the pitch does not vary for small adjustments.

I accept that to supply music pieces of a certain length would be impossible and it would be easy to loop the tracks you supply but I was wondering if your music could be integrated with a "quick tracks" type of software so that it would be possible to automatically align an incidental music track with a video?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One of the big frustrations of fitting incidental music to a video is matching the length of the piece to the length of the video. many editors have a "music" attachment that will match the music to the video length but the choice of music is so boring.

I try to select a track form a CD or other source that is both suitable and roughly the same length as the video. I then stretch or compress it to match. Most editors allow the track to be altered in this way and the only effect is to speed up or slow the tempo. Because the notes are in digital form the pitch does not vary for small adjustments.

I accept that to supply music pieces of a certain length would be impossible and it would be easy to loop the tracks you supply but I was wondering if your music could be integrated with a "quick tracks" type of software so that it would be possible to automatically align an incidental music track with a video?
Yeah, it's hard with prerecorded music of any kind. One thing I often do with my documentaries is to edit to music, but I realize that's not always possible to do.

I'm not familiar with any "quick tracks" type of software, but I can certainly look into it.

Thanks,
Eric

1 - 20 of 345 Posts