AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DTV is replacing my non-HD system,which is fried. The repair tech says I can probably talk them into upgrading to an HD system for close to nothing if I agree to subscribe, but that they usually offer the bare bones units. I assume this will be the RCA since it's the cheapest.

I've read every post I can, and am as aware of the differences as I can be without actually seeing them.

My question is, if they will spring for a free RCA, is the zenith really worth the extra money if they will ONLY provide the box, and not a credit to a Zenith?

If they give a generous credit, I still may upgrade to a better box, but I have to get something soon as I am without any satellite, but must still pay monthly fees in order to get the free replacement system, whether its SD or HD. Otherwise I would wait for the new Zenith which is due in July or August (we hope). I would also consider any other challengers, but favor the Zenith despite its known flaws.

Is the menu on the RCA fairly good, or are the other boxes much better? When I originally bought, the RCA menu was awful, which led me to my now dead Sony.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.