AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Well, I was first and I do want it.

If, however, helping out another forum member carries the day, I would defer in this case.

Mark

·
Registered
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rogo
Well, I was first and I do want it.

Mark
True, 10k posts should pay off every once in while I guess!

Maybe it would be better to solve this boiling controversy by sending the mount to me! :) j/k

- pink

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thanks Rogo, for the offer to defer, but you can have it. :) Mine should get here eventually and like the one here it was essentially free (if it ever arrives :rolleyes: ).

But thanks to those who voted for me! :D

I am trying the Brucer temporary stand method this weekdend and it does have the advantage of being an immediate solution.

John

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Maybe JSchulte could get it to use in the interim and then forward it to rogo?

JSchulte, be careful, I've read some horror stories about those who tried to use a makeshift stand for their PDP!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hiker, what have you heard? Anything posted here?

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rogo
OK, I'm in.
You could have had mine a few months ago when I offered it then. Ended up "giving" it away for about $45.00, which included shipping.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rmcgirr83
You could have had mine a few months ago when I offered it then. Ended up "giving" it away for about $45.00, which included shipping.
hell yeah he did, i love that stand. thanks again Richard, you da man

·
Registered
488 Posts
I did follow a version of the Brucer temporary stand. It doesn't look pretty, but it works. I'm not really worried about it tipping over. I ended up using 5/8" bolts that are 6" long. They are attached to 15" pieces of 4x6. It's not a real tight fit but it's sturdy and doesn't appear to damage the inside of the slots in the plasma for the permanent stand. I did file down the threads and wrapped it with teflon tape (plumbers tape) so that it wouldn't snag on anything.

Thanks , everyone.

Pictures tomorrow . . . .

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Glauco BruZZi
" Me needs stand " :D

Any TH-42PA20U owner using a wall mount wants to sell its TH-ST42PA20 stand ??? :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have an extra TY-ST05-K in my house too. PM me if you are interested. Brucer custom made one for me to fit a unique mounting situation I had. Still love it every time I look at it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.