AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm moving into a new house, and am looking at options for a screen for the media room. The current owner has a large plasma, but I'd prefer to go with a projector. The issue is that the screen wall is at the front of the room, and contains two large windows, making mounting the screen difficult.

The windows are covered with blinds/blackout curtains, so I'm not worried about light, but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with building a stand of some sort for a 100-110" static screen.

I've looked at some of the retractable/portable screens, but not sure I want to get into the issues with waves, nor spend the money for a tab-tensioned model.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You could use a 4'x8' sheet of Thrifty White Hardboard from Home Depot and glue a sheet of 1/2" rigid foam insulation to the back for ~ $30. Mine leans up against the wall on top of a desk. Works very well.

Thought about making a stand from wood columns/posts with 2x4 for the bottom of screen to rest on and another at the top to attach the screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts