AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I receive many free magazine subscriptions from www.freebizmag.com. Today they have a free year's subscription to Smart Homes magazine. The link is here: http://a388.g.akamai.net/7/388/1603/...h01welcome.htm

Just fill in your job info and it will tell you if you are eligible. If you don't get the offer go back and change your job description until you get a combination that works.

I get emails from this company and hear of other offers at http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/index.php. Freebizmag is legit and you don't get spamed to death for using them. I have over two dozen free subscriptions. My mailman hates me. :)

Info on Smart Homes:

Electronic House is the homeowner's guide to a connected home. Home theatre, networking, music systems, lighting control, security, energy and more! System designs with pricing, product reviews, tips before you build or remodel - everything to make the best choices for your home. Includes annual Buyer's Guide and Planning Guide.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I use to work for a 'marketing' company some years ago as Quality Control Manager. Our main goal was contacting potential users of these 'free' magazines. They are always free but they act like your getting a $30 subscription for nothing. Some of them are cool with updates in the market for certian fields, but all are just more advertising you get in your mailbox.

Warning: If you subscribe to one of these magazines, do not give out your correct phone # at home or work. You will be bugged by a telemarketer to take a survey. If you give out your contact information to this company and you have signed up with your state to be put on one of those do-not-call-lists for telemarketers, then you are breaking the agreement and anyone can then contact you.

Do what you want, I just thought I'd be a friend and give a head's up :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Neuner
Warning: If you subscribe to one of these magazines, do not give out your correct phone # at home or work. You will be bugged by a telemarketer to take a survey. If you give out your contact information to this company and you have signed up with your state to be put on one of those do-not-call-lists for telemarketers, then you are breaking the agreement and anyone can then contact you.
Thanks for the advice Neuner. I've gotten free subscriptions thru FreeBizMag for over a year and my experience is that they do not call me at work. And I don't get junkmail neither at work or at home. Near the end of the subscription I get the usual renewal letters, that's all. I believe the companies offering the free subscriptions make their money from the ads in their magazine and/or from you resubscribing after the year is up. Still though your advice is noted and appreciated. I will update my account to put in a bogus phone number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.