AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to donate this projector to a DIY type of guy who is on a budget. The tubes are weak

and it will need new ones. It is a data projector and requires an external processor such as a line doubler or HTPC.

I would prefer someone who is in Southern California, (I do not want to get into a crating project) who is willing to pick it up in the South Bay area. Again...someone on a budget who will enjoy the projector and will not part it out or rebuild it for resale.

If this sounds like you then contact me via AVS private email.

Regards,

Don Stewart

Stewart Filmscreen Corporation

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please be advised that the projector is going to Mr. Dan Stone. He was the very first one to email me and it sounds like he is looking for a DYI project. Brian, you just missed it by a few minutes.

Here is a copy of his email to document Dan's time and intened use.

Regards,

Don

danstone

Don,

I read your post with great interest. I'm certainly a newbie when it comes to front projection but I have been strongly considering installing a CRT projector in my home theater room. These forums have been very helpful in my ongoing attempt to educate myself in this arena. The opportunity to install a projector, get it up and running, perform the necessary maintenance, tweak it using the tips I've learned here online and then enjoy the benefits would just be the ultimate DIY project for me.

I do have a concern with my room though, as it is pretty small (14' X 12') and the max throw distance I can probably get is about 84" which I know is too small for many projectors and may indeed be too small for this Mitsubishi.

While I am located in Tacoma, Washington, if you decide that I would be the person you'd give the projector to I would drive down to pick it up so you don't have to crate it.

Thank you for your consideration,

Dan Stone

·
Registered
298 Posts
I wish to thank Don very much for his kindness and generosity, but as I've already let him know via a private email this morning, I am respectfully declining his offer due to a lack of available time off from my work to be able to drive down and pick the projector up. I know there are many other people just as interested in the projector as I am so I know it will end up in good hands. Best of luck to whomever is the lucky recipient and thanks again to Don.

Dan Stone

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Yes,

I'm interested I may not be able to pick it up until the weekend though. I think I can drive down Saturday.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks,

Brian

Edit: A friend of mine may be able to pick it up for me during the week. I can definitly come Saturday at the latest. Feel free to email me at

[email protected]

I will send you a private message as well.

Thanks Again,

Brian H.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.