AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am looking at building a mount for my projector (Davis DL450). I want to mount it high up (small room). The problem it is that right now my living arangements do not allow for me to put any holes in the wall. My current plain is to build a free standing mount, I am woundering if anyone has any suggestions on designs for this.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I wanted to do the same thing, since we'll thinking of selling our house soon, and didn't want to have an "ugly" projector mounted to the ceiling.

What I ended up getting were three Peerless Video Poles, which I had seen on a link in another forum. I used two for my rear speakers, and the third for my projector. To mount the projector, I just drilled some holes on the platform and attached the projector.

Since the pole for the projector has to be mounted upside down, I'm not sure if it will be as stable as the ones I'm using for the rear speakers. I think I'm going to ceiling-mount the projector after all, but in your case this might be a good option.

Let me know if you'd like more info,

Scott

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I am thinking of just making it out of wood. My current idea is two use four 4foot sections of wood (for ease of disassembly) and ontop of it a small panel of wood with the projector hanging down from it. The base would just be some plywood with the couch ontop of it for weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.