AVS Forum banner

Please only select one if you own the DTVPal DVR.

• Have not experience these problems.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Experience these problems but now are fixed.

• Freezes and/or reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freeze or reboot problems with your DTVPal DVR?

Please only make a selection if you own a DTVPal DVR.

If you were able to fix the problem, please give more details as a reply.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I received my dvr on 23 December and it started to freeze and reboot on the first day of use. I then updated the firmware in the hope that the problems would be solved. There were not. I called the vendor and he promised a new unit would be sent. It has not. They then said they would send UPS labels to return the unit and upon receipt would send me a new unit. The labels have not come. I have spent approximately 4 hours on the phone getting a different story each time. Is there a consensus this is a firmware problem that will eventually be solved or is the consensus that this is a fundamental flaw in the hardware? Any opinions will be welcome. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10 – 2 - 1

It is still very early, but it looks like not too many are having the freeze or reboot problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I voted "freeze and/or reboot", but I've only had 2 unrequested reboots since I started using it on Dec 25 and no freezes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
51 power recycles including 13 in a 24 hour period, and that was after going through the setup a second time at a different location (but same TV market.)

Returned unit to Dish for a replacment. Dish does not have a formal return authorization process in place. Dish customer service gave me the return address and requested that I compose a letter stating my account number and request for replacement. CS stated that all is documented on my account and that there should be no issue in getting another unit.

I'll wait and see.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmplsmn /forum/post/15477016

51 power recycles including 13 in a 24 hour period, and that was after going through the setup a second time at a different location (but same TV market.) ... I'll wait and see.

I wonder if your unit got damage during shipment.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,723 Posts
Use existing topic, at top of forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.