AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony xbr850b with onkyo 636 (accueq), polk rti a1 for front (60hz to 26k hz), polk a4 for center (65hz to 25k hz), satellites are polk tl1 (135hz to 20k hz), and a polk psw505 sub (28 to 125hz).

What would you all recommend my crossover frequencies to be set at? Have not run accueq yet but wanting some suggestions on what xover frequency would provide optiMal sound quality, since this is my first home theater set up and not sure if accueq will pick best settings. Thanks for any and all feedback.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have a Sony xbr850b with onkyo 636 (accueq), polk rti a1 for front (60hz to 26k hz), polk a4 for center (65hz to 25k hz), satellites are polk tl1 (135hz to 20k hz), and a polk psw505 sub (28 to 125hz).

What would you all recommend my crossover frequencies to be set at? Have not run accueq yet but wanting some suggestions on what xover frequency would provide optiMal sound quality, since this is my first home theater set up and not sure if accueq will pick best settings. Thanks for any and all feedback.
Understand your concern. AccuEQ is one of Onkyo's weaker moments. However, the crossover frequency isn't all that critical in your case. Anywhere between 80Hz and 100Hz, small.

·
Banned
18,829 Posts
Always start with 80 Hz and then modify from then on. The choice of crossover is NOT dependent on speaker choices except for special cases. 80 Hz is high enough to let the sub handle the bass. That way, you can move that one speaker around to optimize low frequencies. Anything higher and the sub's location may become audible. If set too low then you lose the benefit I just talked about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts