AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on the "No video signal detected" message and couldn't find anything. Here's what's happening.

Every few minutes, my 4508 flashes a blue screen with the message "No video signal detected" and within a couple of seconds it returns to the program. This happens when watching live cable TV and is very annoying. It doesn't seem to do it when watching a recorded show. Anyone have any info on why this might be happening and what to do to make it stop?

Maybe it's a variation of the "frozen video" problems some people have?

Stan

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by s-t-p
Every few minutes, my 4508 flashes a blue screen with the message "No video signal detected" and within a couple of seconds it returns to the program.
That's usually indicative of a weak signal. What input are you using? If it's the RF (cable/antenna) input, then you may need to boost the signal going in to the ReplayTV.

-Gary

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would make sense, Gary. I have the signal split between two Replay units and also have a split from one of the Replay units to the cable box and to the TV. I already have a signal booster in line before the first splitter, and it does improve the picture, but maybe I just have too much splitting going on. I'll remove at least one of the splits and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Stan

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
My Showstopper is doing the same thing, even though it's getting its signal from the S-Video output of my satellite receiver.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just a fact of life with me... Changing channels on my cable box usually produces that blue screen for the first second or so. And sometimes watching something from the cable box (via RTV) also produces that from time to time (kinda rare), but if it's recording and you play the recording later there usually isn't a signal drop at all or maybe a glitch of only a fraction of a sec. Even more rare is the blue screen when watching something using the RTV's built-in tuner...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine does it when there's a buildup of heat around the box. I've got mine in a cabinet in the bedroom that I close while we sleep. Sometimes I forget to open it during the day and I see blue screens (as well as other bits of craziness) the hotter it gets.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by st63z
Changing channels on my cable box usually produces that blue screen for the first second or so.
That can be adjusted in the remote control fine tuning screen so you don't see the blue screen during a channel change.

Info is here .

-Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.