AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

There's a company called Fabritrak that makes a plastic profile for stretch mounting fabric on walls, but they don't sell the profile direct to the public. You have to buy the whole labour service from them - aka supply and fit. I'd rather build my cinema myself, so I'm asking the question:

Does anyone on here know where I can puchase the plastic strip for friction mounting fabric to a wall?

The idea is you staple the strip to the wall, and then push the fabric into the profile with a broad blade knife. The design of the profile is such that the fabric is held in place by friction. It's faster than building timber frames, to which the fabric is then stapled, and you can remove the fabric or re-tension it at a later date if needed.

I'm in the UK.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
^^ What does one do if they want to use 2" OC as Fabricmate only offers 1" (or 1/2")track?

*Sorry OP for the hijack

·
Registered
3,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/20894174

mount it on one inch furring

Simple solutions for a cluttered mind.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrunner /forum/post/20894240

make sure you tell them you are an AVS forum user, they will give you a discount.

Only on track and if you are interested in their Recore. The fabric (sadly)is not discounted. I wish it were I need to order my 2nd roll of 20 yards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.