AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've mailed this to Curt but since I'm really worried I post it here too.

I got t a set DH 144 lenses today and they look great.

But when I opend up the PJ, Sony VPH-2030QM I got worried.

Some time ago I fed a to high resolution into it when i tried a cheap line doubler.

After that I got a static red line. That disappeared so i forgot all about it.

On the DB board ( convergence board? ) I can see something looking like old dried chewing gum. It seems to come from to components (capacitators?), surrounded with some sort of fibre cylinders, in the upper right corner of the board.

What shall I do? Do I have to get a new board or can I just remove the "gum" and get new capacitators?

I'm really worried.

Please help me!

Johan

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
The "GUM" is a dab of glue, and is supposed to be there. Not a fault. You can breathe now.

Marc

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Marc, you don't know how relieved I am.

So then there's no immediate panic. But in the long run should I change the board?

The only problems i have seen lately are some erratic wave patterns when I look directly into the tubes. They aren't visible on the screen. And that the left side of the image is about 5 cm to much to the right at startup. But when the PJ's getting warm the left side creeps left toward the edge of the blackline screen. This occurs only when I'm watching satellite channels so it could be the receiver.

I'm using a iScan Pro but that wouldn't make any difference would it?

/Johan

·
Registered
198 Posts
I also see erratic wave patterns when I look directly into the tubes on my 1031q, but can't see it on the screen (I sometimes see erotic patterns on the screen, but don't tell my girlfriend).

I guessed that this is just noise, and I'd like to ask the forum what the source of the noise might be. Is this what the Mark Parker modified radeon cards cut out, or is it from bad cables, a noise source in the projector, or something else?

Thanks!

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.