AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I head in to work and do a little research for him, figured I'd better ask here. Reviews don't necessarily equate to user experience.

He wants to know: Which Hard Drive based HD camera delivers the best picture and sound, and is the most affordable? Probably under $2000's would be his range I'm guessing, considering he has a wedding to plan for

I'll be checking a few camcorder review sites later, but user experience first hand is always more valuable
. I personally told him to wait for the SR11 from sony, but he'd like to know what other options are out there as well..

Later,

Neil

·
Registered
234 Posts
I lost firewire on an HDV camcorder, and had an expensive repair - just to capture what I'd already shot. So I have even greater fears of losing a hard drive. My favorite is SD card - no moving parts, and it can be read by a cheap card reader, should the camcorder meet an untimely demise.

Picture and sound quality depend on many factors, the least of which is the storage medium.

Dave

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, he works for a NY radio station, so I assume they would be able to spring for any hard drive recovery that may happen to the camera...

If memory serves, he currently has a Mini-DV camcorder, and due to a problem with the last event (It was 3 hours long, and the footage they had took just that long, obviously, to transport into a computer for editing...among other problems) is why I think he's looking for a Hard Drive based camcorder this time around..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts