AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a line of DVD-A that are all "*Artist*From The Front Row Live"--groups like Kansas, Pat Methaney, Pat Travers, Commander Cody, Foghat, etc. Are these of decent quality--anyone listened to them?

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Hit or miss. I have the Rick Wakeman concert on this series, and it's the worst POS I have on any format. Be aware.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
They come from Silverline. So beware.

(I don't see a Pat Metheny release among them -- do you have a link or a catalog number?)

·
Registered
986 Posts
For the most part, this series has been the dregs of hi-res releases since the inception. There might be exceptions, but I would stay away from these. Ironically, Silverline produced a couple of the best releases I have in my large SACD and DVD-A collection, such as the 2 Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band DVD-A releases. But the Front Row series are pretty bad from what I recall.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Stay away from Silverline. Their product is terrible and will be a waste of your money.

IMHO !!

Bill

·
Registered
886 Posts
Anyone care to elaborate? I've heard this many times about this series, but never with an explanation of why they are so bad. Not doubting anyone, just curious.

·
Registered
10,442 Posts
Well they would rival with a cassette tapes. Remember those? Nuff said.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the Pat Benetar from the front Row live.....it's basically the sound that is soo dissapointing on these series. You honestly can get the same quality from a cassette as someone pointed out. The recordings just aren't good enough to warrant a special release on DVD-A. Separation is bad, audio quality is not very good at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts