AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a line of DVD-A that are all "*Artist*From The Front Row Live"--groups like Kansas, Pat Methaney, Pat Travers, Commander Cody, Foghat, etc. Are these of decent quality--anyone listened to them?

·
Registered
986 Posts
For the most part, this series has been the dregs of hi-res releases since the inception. There might be exceptions, but I would stay away from these. Ironically, Silverline produced a couple of the best releases I have in my large SACD and DVD-A collection, such as the 2 Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band DVD-A releases. But the Front Row series are pretty bad from what I recall.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the Pat Benetar from the front Row live.....it's basically the sound that is soo dissapointing on these series. You honestly can get the same quality from a cassette as someone pointed out. The recordings just aren't good enough to warrant a special release on DVD-A. Separation is bad, audio quality is not very good at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.