AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned on another thread, I have been looking for something to give off a popcorn scent in the room (other than a popper) and while surfing, I came across this. Btw, Brickie, You may want to put that popcorn bowl down while reading it.

:D
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/health...06/detail.html

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You've got to be kidding.....

htomei

·
Registered
304 Posts
A year or so ago, I heard there was a big scare in the government bureaucracy where someone decided to make a point and raised an issue regarding the very real dangers of Dihydride Monoxide. (I think that was the term they used, but it might have been Dihydrid Oxide, Oxidihydride, or something like that) Anyway, thousands die every year due to this chemical. In the year 2000 alone, 3,482 men, women and children were killed due to excessive inhalation of Dihydride Monoxide. Money was being rounded up to fund studies of the health risks, and people particularly the "protest for a living liberals" were all ramping up to denounce the terrible pollutant. Then some bright individual somewhere pointed out the scientific designation of Dihydride Monoxide.

Anyway, if you are looking for popcorn smell, watch out. I got some one time that was designed to be used in the bathroom type spray dispensers. It smelled like popcorn all right, like the nasty stale popcorn smell you get in a public theater that hasn't been cleaned recently. Needless to say, I did not continue to use it.

-Jason W

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Iv'e heard about this..Just anothe rvote to put down that doggone microwave popcorn!!

brickie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.