AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am ready to step up from my regular screen to an AT Screen for my FPJ1. Currently I have Rocket 850's and the center in my living room and the screen drops between them when watching movies. I'm considering getting the electric Seymour AT screen and would like a setup that lets all 3 speakers sit behind the screen with some good quality on the wall speakers that are comparable to floor standers (if that's possible).

The only speakers I've seen so far are the Klipsch KL-650's but I have not heard them and the same with a pair of Def Techs.

I like usually a laid back sound with plenty of oomph to move some air when movie time starts. I'm not even sure on wall's will fit the bill but I figured I'd get good insight to start with here as to what to listen too. Can on the wall's be comparable to something like the 850's?

Unfortunately I tried looking but it doesn't seem that on walls are very popular and since were considering moving I'd like to avoid in walls if possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Usually the onwalls are a smaller, "lifestyle" alternative to towers, but they just can't move enough air compared to towers. Depending on your budget, and if you definately want onwalls, instead of nice large inwalls like the SpeakerCraft AIM Cinemas ( http://www.speakercraft.com/#Product...ema%20Overview ) , check out the Leon website: http://www.leonspeakers.com/ They can custom make and custom paint anything you could dream of. They aren't cheap by any means, but they make some very solid gear.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Kwkshift,

I thought there would be a few on walls worth considering, if I have to stick with towers, I'll try to make my current setup work, I just thought I'd have some more options to look over.

I'll keep looking but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Try looking at the Paradigm W5 speakers. They are in the Signature line and have been given some reviews stating that the Paradigm W5 on-walls are 90 percent of the best Paradigm S8 towers ......with the 10% lacking being made up by a sub or 2.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Razz

I'll definitely look at those, they look like they can fit the bill and look pretty snazzy to boot. If they can't get close to the towers then I'll have to figure something out with placements etc. I gotta have my movies (much like everyone else) but its nice to feel and watch the show

Thanks!

*edit* OUCH at the price per

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
bayn -- On-walls and In-walls are not very popular because even moderately good ones are very expensive when compared to the "normal" book-shelf (very good) or tower (a whole lot better) speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts