AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about setting up my surround sound. I have a Yamaha HTR-5830. On the speaker connectors on the back, it has two different spots for front speakers and I'm not sure which to choose.

I have 5 speakers. Two front, one Center, and R and L surround. ON the back of the receiver, the Center, Right front (B) and Left front (B) are all three right next two each other. However, there is also another slot a few inches off to the right by itself that says "Right Front/Left Front (A) speakers.

So my question is, which ones do I hook my Front R and L speakers up to? Front A or Front B?

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone got any advice? I'm trying to hook all this up right now, so if you want to help now is the time!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another question.....I'm going through my speaker setup in my receiver settings....what is "TC Bypass"?

·
Banned
362 Posts
Just to throw some confusion into the mix, if you have an "A+B" setting, you can bi-amp your speakers (if they're capable), if you want.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpol /forum/post/12940816

Just to throw some confusion into the mix, if you have an "A+B" setting, you can bi-amp your speakers (if they're capable), if you want.

Ummm, no don't count on that. Most times when you have a AVR with a A+B setting, doing that will really only bi-wire such speakers, and not bi-amp them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts