AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plan is to put an IB sub chamber with dual manifold behind the front screen wall. I've got some space in the back that I could put one or two regular subs in the back of the room.

Has anyone done this? Is there value in it? Is it better to just have the IB subs up front and nothing in the back? I know one of the best sub layouts is to have them both front and back to get a "virtual sub" placement in the middle of the room, but I've assumed this is with identical subs front and back. Do you get the same advantages if the subs front and back are quite different?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've done exactly this combo. Ideally you wold have identical subs front and rear, however with manual equalizing I was able to dramatically improve my bass response by tuning the rear sub. It is likely that at very high spl levels (especially at low frequencies) the rear will not keep up with the IB front but until this point there is benefit.

I discussed this a little towards the end of my build thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.