AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Outlaw LFM1-ex today. Should I place it in the front of the room or rear. Room size is 23'x13'8'

-Alan

·
Registered
628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox1216 /forum/post/18306110

I just got my Outlaw LFM1-ex today. Should I place it in the front of the room or rear. Room size is 23'x13'8'

-Alan

Front corner. Corner load that bad boy. Which ever corner is farthest from any openings. If you can try to get an exterior wall or corner. This will help tremendously.

I thought I was the only one left with 8ft ceilings....

·
Registered
513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox1216 /forum/post/18306110

-Alan

Those are nearly my exact dimensions as well. My set up runs the short way on half of the room - 13 X 11.5 X 8 - with additional seating on the other half of the room. I had my sub next to my speakers at the front, but the sub was right next to a door opening. Once I moved it to the back corner, the only corner away from any room opening, it really made a difference!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_WI /forum/post/18308247

Those are nearly my exact dimensions as well. My set up runs the short way on half of the room - 13 X 11.5 X 8 - with additional seating on the other half of the room. I had my sub next to my speakers at the front, but the sub was right next to a door opening. Once I moved it to the back corner, the only corner away from any room opening, it really made a difference!

Do you feel like one is enough? I have the one Outlaw sub in the front and my old JBL (120 watts) in the rear. I want to get a matching outlaw, but I'm not sure if I need it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I plan on setting up my F-15 tomorrow. When "corner loading" a sub, does it need to be a clear area? The only corner I have away from openings has an area of approx. 3x4 feet. There is a large, heavy, wooden buffet to the left and a smaller wooden armoir to the right - these two pieces are on adjacent walls and although I could separate them a little further apart, there are no other placement options. If I put my front firing sub in that corner, say at a 45 degree angle so it can fire out between the two pieces - do you think that might give a decent response? Or will the wood furniture reflect/bounce the sound waves badly. Thanks for any input. My room design really sucks badly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts