AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy either the Epson 6500 or latest Panasonic(PT-AE3000) projector. The potential problem is room configuration. The projector will be placed about 19' from the screen on a shelf in a large room. The receiver/tuner is by the screen. So will be my blu-ray. I have a vaulted ceiling. I will be using a local cable connection and have 2 available- one by the receiver and one about 10' from where the projector will be placed( in an adjacent room). The large room is already set up with surround sound. I need to figure out how to connect all the cabling using the current equipment locations. I can run an HDMI cable across the room but am concerned about the distance it would need to travel because of the ceiling( probably need a cable about 50-60' because can't run through the ceiling). Moving the receiver/tuner and blue-ray is not an option. But i can put the HDTV box by the projector.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Buy the HDMI cable the length you need and try it out.

I have two 50' cables and two 30' cables in different rooms and they all are working great.

Order from monoprice, spend $80 or so and give it shot... if it doesn't work then you can worry about what other options there are.

Moving the cable box won't do anything, especially if you route everything through your reciever.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts