AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay last week I decided to rebuild my iTunes library. The existing library had been upgrade over the years from iTunes 1.0 and I thought a fresh start would do me good. I was having some strange behavior -- There was a movie that in my iTunes library that would not sync with my AppleTV's, I removed it from the library (I even removed it from the computer), but iTunes kept trying to sync it and kept giving me a warning that it was in a format that could not be synced (even though it was not in the library or even on the computer). So anyway, this is why I trashed my current library and re-imported all my TV shows and Movies.

Many of the TV Shows were from DVD's that I had handbraked. When I first added these shows to the first library, they were automatically designated a Movie. I had to go into information and manually change it to TV Show. Now, when I re-added these TV Shows to the new library, it forgot that they were TV Shows and re-added them as Movies again. So, I had to go back into information and change from Movie to TV Show again. Every thing looks fine in iTunes and on my Apple TV's. However, (here is the problem) when I use Front Row on the Mac housing the iTunes Library, all of the TV Shows are listed as Movies. I have many many TV episodes showing up in my Movie Front Row data base making it impossible to find what I am looking for. Why would everything be correctly categorized in iTunes and for AppleTV, but not for Front Row????

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No clues?

Well it seems that iTunes does not change the meta data for the file when you change the type of file from Movie to TV Show. However, if you change the file type in Meta X or other similar program, then the show is properly categorized for Front Row.

Still, I have no answer why changing from Movie to TV Show in iTunes would "take" in iTune and on the AppleTV's but not for Front Row.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts