AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the following setup for my home theater which is 20x16 with 10ft ceilings.

Onkyo TX-SR809

Polk RTi6 Front speakers

Polk CSi3 Center speaker

Polk OWM3 Rear speakers

Polk DSW PRO 550wi Subwoofer

I am thinking about upgrading my front speakers and have been looking at the Klipsch RB-61 II, PSB Image B6 or a pair of new Polk RTi8’s. The Polks would come from Polks ebay store. If I switch to either the Klipsch or PSB’s I figure I will probably need to upgrade the center speaker to match.

Would any of these provide a noticeable upgrade in sound and performance?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner6  /t/1504250/front-speaker-upgrade#post_24045467

Budget?

Listening preferences?

Budget is around 1000-1250. Listening is about split half and half between music and DVD viewing.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts

I actually have the PSB Image T5s and the C5 for my fronts and center in my upstairs system. And I used to own the Image B6s before I got a great deal on the T5s. I also have the Polk RTi-a7s and CSi-a6 for my front and center channels in my downstairs HT. So I'm familiar with both Polk and PSB. I have also listened to the Klipsch towers but not the RBs. 

IMO the best thing you can do is listen to each because they are a bit different from one another. FWIW I like the PSBs the most. I find them to be pretty neutral and very well made and they are very good for both music and movies, especially considering their price. 

Hope that helps a little. 

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater  /t/1504250/front-speaker-upgrade#post_24045537

I actually have the PSB Image T5s and the C5 for my fronts and center in my upstairs system. And I used to own the Image B6s before I got a great deal on the T5s. I also have the Polk RTi-a7s and CSi-a6 for my front and center channels in my downstairs HT. So I'm familiar with both Polk and PSB. I have also listened to the Klipsch towers but not the RBs. 

IMO the best thing you can do is listen to each because they are a bit different from one another. FWIW I like the PSBs the most. I find them to be pretty neutral and very well made and they are very good for both music and movies, especially considering their price. 

Hope that helps a little. 

Thanks, I did go and listen to some Def Tech ProMonitor 1000's and StudioMonitor 55's today. The ProMonitor 1000's sounded pretty good considering how small they are. I like the StudioMonitor 55's much better. MIght be hard to demo the PSB as it looks like the nearest dealer is about an hour or more away.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts

Yeah, sometimes finding a place to demo is a problem. 

Another option would be to try some of the internet direct companies. Aperion and SVS have free shipping both ways with a free trial period. That would give you a chance to listen to them in your home and send them back if you don't like them and all with no risk to your wallet. Others have a free trial period with free shipping at least to your home. 

Plus, the best place to demo speakers is in your home because it doesn't matter what they sound like in the store, what matters is what they sound like in your home.

Something to consider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts