AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is getting an electric screen installed for FP. Problem is his front speakers will be behind the screen if he leaves the setup as is. I know there are acoustic screens available, but those are a lot more expensive. It would be easier and better probably to put in new ceiling speakers in front of the screen, but my friend seems to be reluctant. He thinks the sound will be just fine from behind the screen. He is getting a Draper M2500 screen. Will this work? I'm not so sure he will be happy with the results.

·
Registered
900 Posts
If this is not a perfed or acoustic type of screen then no it won't work and the sound will be muddy and not clear. Put the speakers just below the screen and try to aim them toward the sitting area

Larry

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Lkosova is absolutely correct. You will grealy diminish the sound quality if you don't use an actual acoustically transparent screen. The higher frequencies will roll off rapidly and gives a very muddy sound. Some acoustic fabrics are expensive, but there are some decent ones that aren't going to break the budget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.