AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey boys.

okay, i need to get into the big leagues (or bigger leagues now).

my paradigm monitor 9 v5's have treated me well for the past 8 years, but
i'm feeling it's time for me to get out of entry levels. i was planning on starting
with my LCR for now, and keep my paradigm surrounds until i got atmos
or whatever is going to be the next move. i have dual SVS PB-12 plus for subs,
so i have my bass covered already. i'm looking to spend around 3g's for my
upgrade budget (which might have some wiggle room).

the processor/amp combo is a anthem MRX500 as a pre with emotiva XPA-2's
for the LR and XPA-3 running my C and SRSL.

i've been reading around, researching, listening (to some) and i've narrowed it
down to a couple of options. mind you, this room is 90% home theater.

-goldenear triton 5's with a superXL center
-paradigm studio 100's with a CC-690 center
-SVS ultra towers with an ultra center
-wait around and try and scoop up some pre owned B&W 803n's with a HTM center

is there anything else i should be looking at? triad's? atlantic tech?

thanks for any inputs!

·
Registered
200 Posts
you might look at ascend speakers we have the sierra towers with the nrt tweeters and the horizon with the raal tweeter might be a little over budget but well worth it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have owned the Studio Series, Paradigm has another line called Prestige you might want to check out as well.

The CC-690 is a fantastic center channel, I miss that switching over to the GE. (I have no center as of yet waiting for the bigger version to come out)

As an owner of the T1s I really like the sound of the HVFR Tweeter, excellent detail. The T5s are closer to the T1s than the 7s and I am curious to see how they sound. I expect them to be a more detailed, more powerful bass version of the T7s, which is a good thing.

·
Premium Member
12,947 Posts
hey boys.
is there anything else i should be looking at? triad's? atlantic tech?

thanks for any inputs!
Yes. I've owned both. AT 8200e's and Triad Plat's. Both brands are worth consideration, at all the pricepoints they participate in. IMO.

Craig

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have owned the Studio Series, Paradigm has another line called Prestige you might want to check out as well.

The CC-690 is a fantastic center channel, I miss that switching over to the GE. (I have no center as of yet waiting for the bigger version to come out)

As an owner of the T1s I really like the sound of the HVFR Tweeter, excellent detail. The T5s are closer to the T1s than the 7s and I am curious to see how they sound. I expect them to be a more detailed, more powerful bass version of the T7s, which is a good thing.
yeah i've seen that prestige line is coming out soon (or might be out already).
can i gripe about aluminum woofers? i like to run grillness and i can't STAND silver. WHY PARADIGM WHY?!
but i do like the idea of having a monster sized center channel though...

the thing is i don't think there's a goldenear dealer around me that has the five's in stock. i'm itching
to hear the ribbon tweeter tech.

Yes. I've owned both. AT 8200e's and Triad Plat's. Both brands are worth consideration, at all the pricepoints they participate in. IMO.

Craig
I would put the Atlantic Tech AT-1 towers on a short list.
yeah, i've seen a lot of people who like to run them for home theater purpose. i need to start searching if
there are dealers for those in my area. i think if i'm going to spend a decent amount of bread on speakers, i would
have to hear them first.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big leagues, huh. You need something with 97+ dB sensitivity. Most likely pro-cinema speakers.
i should probably reword my opener lol

i'm a ready to make that move? it's not a dedicated room, it's kind of
multi functional, and more importantly - can i afford pro cinemas?

·
Premium Member
1,814 Posts
If you look carefully and buy used. I paid $1245 for three lightly used JBL 4622n's. I have since upgraded the CD's and gone active bi-amp. They are out there. So many cinema's have gone under.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts