AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I need some expert advice. I am looking to replace my front three (L/R Center) for under $2K. My receiver is a Denon 3311CI.

I don't have a lot of space so the speakers can't be HUGE. I recently got a good deal on a pair of Definitive SR-8080BP surrounds. So I looked hard at getting the CS-8060HD with the BP-8060ST's but after demoing them today...Thats just too much base for me and my medium sized living room.

Now I am leaning toward getting 2 Mythos ones (I can get them for around $700 each) and a Mythos three for my center. BUT I am definitely open to any brand/model suggestions you all may have.

I've looked at the Aperion Verus Grand a little but they are a little big and just out of my price range.

So any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearod /forum/post/0

Gentlemen,

I need some expert advice. I am looking to replace my front three (L/R Center) for under $2K. My receiver is a Denon 3311CI.

I don't have a lot of space so the speakers can't be HUGE. I recently got a good deal on a pair of Definitive SR-8080BP surrounds. So I looked hard at getting the CS-8060HD with the BP-8060ST's but after demoing them today...Thats just too much base for me and my medium sized living room.

Now I am leaning toward getting 2 Mythos ones (I can get them for around $700 each) and a Mythos three for my center. BUT I am definitely open to any brand/model suggestions you all may have.

I've looked at the Aperion Verus Grand a little but they are a little big and just out of my price range.

So any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

You can turn the bass down on them. Since you already have 8080's, I would stick with the Def Tech's. You may also buy them from a dealer that you can return them if you really don't like them, think BB. Speakers are very room dependent and set up is critical. It is possible that the ones you listened to were not set up correctly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, I turned the bass pretty much all the way down at BB where I demoed them and they sounded a lot better, but the way I see it I have a sub for bass I would rather have GREAT high's and mids from my front three and let my sub do the rest.

And you are right about them not being configured properly, I guess I need to find a proper place to demo them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.