Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm working out the bugs on my front projection wall design and have some issues with speaker placement. Any advice is very welcome.

I have a 11' 6" front wall by 18' long room. Paradigm studio ADP's for surrounds. I planned on having a Servo 15 for the sub and Studio 60's for the mains. CC is a 570. Given my tight space I will either have to put the sub enclosure directly below the screen to the left of center or put it in the left corner. If I go with below the screen, I'm free to put the floor standing 60's on the stage. If I go to the corner with the sub, then the 60's will have to go above the sub (I still haven't figured out how to do this). Although I have an 8" riser in the back (stage is 6" high) putting the 60's in the proscenium above the sub might put the tweeters too high for the front row. I suppose I could go to the 40's but I would still have to find a way to mount them inside the proscenium wall.

Any thoughts on which way I should go?

a) corner sub with 60's on top

b) sub below screen 60's beside

c) corner sub with 40's on top

d) none of the above...

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Registered
663 Posts
can you put the sub in the corner, and the 60's in front of the sub? you want to get them away from the wall anyway.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
9volt,

I don't have room for that. It would interfere with a door on one side of the room.

·
Registered
663 Posts
is there a downside to having the sub under the screen in your room? that sounds like the best way to go. that's where i had my last sub and it worked fine.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9volt

Should be okay unless my screen height has to be so low that I can't fit the sub underneath the screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.