AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live maybe three miles from the HD antenna's. I have a Samsung 151 HD tuner...

Tonight was a perfect example of how my wife gets frustrated (as do I) while we are watching television. Regardless of the station, although tonight it was 3-1, we often get a break in the picture and or sound. Most of the time my green light stays lit on the receiver; however, sometimes, like tonight for example, the signal leaves and then comes back.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Dwaine

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by singitloud
Tonight was a perfect example of how my wife gets frustrated (as do I) while we are watching television. Regardless of the station, although tonight it was 3-1, we often get a break in the picture and or sound. Most of the time my green light stays lit on the receiver; however, sometimes, like tonight for example, the signal leaves and then comes back.
Sounds like you're getting errors in the bitstream. Probably because of multipath, given your distance. If you don't have a highly directional antenna like the Zenith Silver Sensor, consider one. Otherwise, consider replacing your receiver with one that does a better job dealing with multipath issues. The Zenith HDV-420 is supposed to be superior at this, and new receivers with the "Casper" chip should be coming along in the next year or so and they should have no problems in your enviornment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.