AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Infocus LP350, and despite the problems (rainbow, light-leek/halo), that everyone already knows about that I knew about before buying it, it provides an excellent picture. When in DVI mode from my HTPC, it's picture is hard to match. But recently is has caused me so many headaches. I know for a fact, through many hours of testing, that it is fully compatible with my video card(s), but nevertheless, it likes to, about once every 50-60 seconds or so, do its "Perfecting the Image... Please Wait", which is an annoying blue screen that is displayed while the projector either syncs with a different source or syncs with a source for the first time. This is accompanied by moderate and somewhat random fluctuations in bulb brightness, which are clearly visible on white/lighter colored images. This appears to not be isolated to DVI/VGA usage, as the fluctuations are visible on the Infocus blue test screen itself, without a source to display. I have thought of the "common" problems (power fluctuations, line interference, heat issues) but I can't seem to get around this. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I'm not familiar with LP350 but on my LT150 I can uncheck the "Auto-Adjust" in menu which eliminates auto-adjustments unless I manually push "auto-adjust" button on my remote. Other than that I'm not sure what else to do besides calling customer service as it's not "normal" for PJ to do this. Have you tried a different video card? (Geforce for stability) or another refresh rate (70 Hz instead of 60 Hz)? Good luck as I feel for you :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, under DVI mode, the projector's "Auto Image" function -which automatically adjusts the picture- is greyed out (can't change it), and is defaulted to the 'ON' position. Also, it doesn't appear like I can get any other refreshes out it at all; 60Hz is the only refresh I have ever been able to run it in, for both VGA and DVI.

·
Registered
625 Posts
What FirmWare version is loaded in your LP350? (latest is Ver 2.0)

Have you tried Video from DVD player using sVideo?

Using Video would rule out outside influences {power line fluctuations and what not}

And since I am toying with the HTPC idea myself,

What are your HTPC components {video card/CPU/MoBo}?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure about my firmware version- I haven't gone the firmware updating route yet, as Infocus requires the purchase of a glorified serial cable adapter for $60+. Although with what I spent on my whole setup, I guess I have no choice (which is what they love), and it may help my problem. My eyes tell me that with an S-video signal - like TV or DVD, the fluctuations in brightness are not there, but reasoning would suggest they are, because they are present on the test pattern (no signal), and even with DVI they are hard to notice on scenes with a lot of motion or darker colors. The more annoying thing is the "Perfecting Image" message, which does seem to show up more often in VGA/DVI modes than in S-video. With S-video, I might get that auto-image calibration once during a two or three hour period, which is tolerable but still annoying (unlike the barrage of auto-calibrations with VGA/DVI). I have tried different video cards, and different computers altogether, with somewhat varying results, but no apparent solution.

----------------------------------------

As far as the HTPC is concerned, my current setup appears to be more than adequate for all of the things that I plan on doing with it. I watch DVD a lot, surf occasionally, and game with it (CS primarily). My computer is, from head to toe:

-Cheap CompUSA 300watt ATX case - works well as I don't have to see it or hear it

-Intel 815EEA Motherboard (Lan, Video (disabled), Sound on board)

-Intel Pentium III 800Mhz EB

-3x128MB PC133 (384MB total)

-Seagate Barracuda 20GB 7200rpm U100

-Tekram DC-315U PCI SCSI-2 Ultra card ($20!!!)

-HP 6/32 SCSI-2 DVD-Rom (slot loading)

-Hitachi 2x IDE DVD-Rom (for testing side by side)

-Creative Labs GeForce Annihilator with DVI

-Windows XP Professional

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.