AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a 120" ambient light rejecting (ALR) projection screen produced by Dark Energy Screens (https://www.darkenergyscreens.com/infinity-edge-ss-1). The screen material is bonded to an aluminum sheet, allowing for zero bezel and an incredibly thin screen. The screen substantially rejects off-axis light reducing wash-out in the presence of moderate ambient light.

The screen requires a throw ratio of at least 1.5x, with 1.7x+ recommended. Since the screen is roughly 105" in width, the projector needs to be mounted at least 157" from the screen, preferably 178"+. It will *not* work with ultra short throw projectors.

I am selling because the screen was partially damaged in shipping and replaced. There is a dent roughly the size of a quarter with two small scrapes within that area. The scrapes have been "patched" with a sticker. I used this screen for a couple of months while waiting for the replacement and it is only noticeable on uniform color scenes (like cartoons). Despite the damage, this is an amazing deal for a screen that is competitive with Screen Innovations Black Diamond.

The pictures show the area of damage, as well as performance of the screen in general under some varying ambient light conditions.

$350

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interested if you are willing to ship.

I tried to PM, but apparently this is only my second post, despite being registered on the site for 13 years :)

I am just outside Denver.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interested if you are willing to ship.

I tried to PM, but apparently this is only my second post, despite being registered on the site for 13 years :)

I am just outside Denver.
PM'd. Hopefully you can respond to it, but if not post back here to let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
PM'd. Hopefully you can respond to it, but if not post back here to let me know.
Amazingly I cannot reply. Which it only tells you after, you type up your post :mad:

Anyway I have something in the works at the moment. I will contact you in a few days if that falls apart (again)

-Jerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts