AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like I will have to sell my UTVs :( as I am moving to Canada and I'm not interested in all the BS I'd have to go through to keep on using my UTVs / Direct TV there.

Before I go through the trouble of eBay, I'd like to give the members of this forum first chance. I have 2 Sony W60 units with wireless keyboards, remotes and 40GB hard drives (35 hour model). They both have the P4 cards and 3.7 on them but according to Direct TV I can not provide the access card so I guess you'll need to contact Direct TV for one. I'm not moving for a couple of weeks yet and if I sell them too soon I will not have any TV so here's the deal.

1st unit is available to be shipped on Friday May 9 2003

2nd unit is available on the following Friday May 16 2003

I have the original boxes et al and the units are in mint condition. They have been powered by UPS and have not been any trouble. If interested, please e-mail me with your offer and perhaps we can arrange a deal before I put them on eBay. I will try to respond to all e-mail received but will not respond to low ball offers.

I also have 2 RCA receivers (DRD440RE and DRD480RE) available immediately and a dual LNB 18" dish available May 16 2003.

I am in Gurnee, IL and plan to ship via USPS or FedEx ground, which ever is more appropriate. I will only ship to an US address and only after I have received payment. Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs & insurance, which from what I have seen on eBay is usually $25

Thanks.
Dave

·
Registered
311 Posts
drsquish....

Don't tell DTV your moving and have the post office forward your mail. Or pay for a year in advance.

Do you know what we Canadian's go through up here to get DTV?!!!

And your going to just give it up?!! .:eek: Give your head a shake!

I hope you don't like watching TV because you won't be doing much of it when you subscribe to our Totalitarian Broadcasting System.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks klassic. If you don't mind, could you e-mail me so I could ask you a couple of questions off line? I don't have your e-mail addy.

Thanks.
Dave

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Dave-

Glad to hear you're selling your house and getting a motorhome to travel

the United States. I'm sure your friends and family will be glad to receive

your mail for you. And paying a year in advance isn't so bad, you don't need

the phone line in your motorhome, especially since you don't care about PPV, and only have 1 receiver..

·
Registered
65 Posts
See if you can get the local stations from the East or West feeds.

If they ask if you have a rooftop antenna, you do.

If they ask if you are too far to receive the local stations, you are.

You may have to petition your local affiliates, but DTV will take care of it all.

Paul

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok first of all, where did that motorhome post come from? I never said that nor would I want to do that. Perhaps you have me mixed up with somebody else?

Secondly, I've also tried the petition thing with no luck. Seems that I am too close to the local market for the east/west feeds and too far away to get any decent signal without a big antenna. They got you coming & going. So if I wanted the locals (ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX) then I had to pay extra for those. Yet if I lived a few miles further away, I'd probably get the east/west feeds for free (well part of the package, not extra). Gives you that warm cozzy feeling doesn't it...

3rdly, if you are interested in the equipment then make me an offer I can't refuse. Please no more e-mail asking me how much for... that's a full time job I don't have time for right now and if this drags out much longer, I'm off to eBay.

4thly, here is some more info on those RCA receivers (non-UTV boxes):

Both are just receivers, single tuner with remote and by buying these from myself rather than new from a retailer, you'll avoid Direct TV's 1 year commitment BS if I understand that stuff correctly. You'll need to contact DTV for a new card as they won't let me sell the card with the unit.

DRD440RE

infrared (normal) remote

has the following jacks on back:

Sat in, TV out, ext antenna/cable in

RCA audio (L/R) 2 sets

composite video (2 RCA jacks)

1 S-Video jack

1 VCR jack for controlling a VCR

phone jack

DRD480RE

same as the 440 with these extras/changes

UHF remote and antenna instead of regular remote

optical out for Dolby Digital

Finally, the best offer to date on the UTVs is $350 + s/h costs for both. No offers yet on the RCA stuff or the dish.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drsquish
Ok first of all, where did that motorhome post come from? I never said that nor would I want to do that. Perhaps you have me mixed up with somebody else?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave-I believe he was just offering you an excuse to give DTV and keep your service after you move to CA.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dooh! ;)

Thanks for the interesting option. I must be getting slower - never saw that one at all. Wonder if that story has been used before and if it would work? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update:

Both UTVs have been spoken for. While no money has changed hands yet, I'll assume for now that it is a done deal and they've found a good home.

The RCA receivers and dish are still available.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok here are some prices for all those who can not commit to a price or are too scared to make me an offer. Geez...

Both receivers (HU cards included): $120 USD + s/h

Available now.

Both receivers + 18" dual LNB dish: $150 USD + s/h

Available May 16 2003

Descriptions of the receivers in previous messages in this thread. I've also posted messages of this equipment for sale in various newsgroups.

Once again, I will only ship to an address in the continental US and only after I have received payment. For more details or info, contact me.

e-mail ONLY: no more PMs please! I find this site or my connection to it too unreliable. I think the server hosting this web page is starting to get a little overloaded. Anybody else noticing this or is it just my connection (which is fine for all other sites I visit)?

Dave
[email protected]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it is a safe bet that these receivers are now or will soon be gone. I have about a dozen responses from people who said they'll take them so if the first deal falls through, I'll work my way down the list on the first come, first served basis. Thanks for all the interest. For those who e-mailed me with offers, I'll let you know one way or the other if &/or when they are sold. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.