AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale, 3 assembled Elusive 1099s. Crossovers were sent out and completed by MTG 90 to eliminate user error. The speakers have a primer finish and ideal for someone who doesn't want to do any cabinet assembly. 1099s are awesome, just didn't dethrone my current Yorkville U215s. $1099 plus shipping.
SOLD!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Fitting price. :cool:

If you were only closer to me.
He may not be closer to you John, but you can still be friends. :devil:
+++

I love that pic, what an incredible wall of sound!

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
I'm super excited to these speakers into my system, I hope they're everything people make them out to be.

Reactions: wvu80 and STL D

·
Banned
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
9.8.4 = 13 CBT Line Arrays, 8 Sealed 18"s
13,144 Posts

·
Registered
9.8.4 = 13 CBT Line Arrays, 8 Sealed 18"s
13,144 Posts
gpmbc,

So you liked the Yorkville U215 a bit better than the 1099? I don't think you are risking your sale here, there would be people lining up for these speakers at your price regardless of your impressions. The U215 is significatnly more expensive anyway. I am curious to hear your impressions. If you already wrote them, feel free to link the post?

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
gpmbc,

So you liked the Yorkville U215 a bit better than the 1099? I don't think you are risking your sale here, there would be people lining up for these speakers at your price regardless of your impressions. The U215 is significatnly more expensive anyway. I am curious to hear your impressions. If you already wrote them, feel free to link the post?
Absolutely not risking the sale.. I've already committed. And I want to hear them anyway. I'm also curious if the 1099's were even in the same league as the Yorkville's.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gpmbc,

The 1099s are more placement friendly due to size and their 90 degree horizontal coverage and also easier to achieve a flat in room response in my room. They also do great on music. On movies, the 1099s aren't quite as cinematic. For me the Yorkville are more finicky on placement due to the 60 degree horizontal coverage and the horn. You have to have them placed wider before they image well. Once placement is optimal then IMO they do better at playing double duty for both music and movies. They also have a more pronounced midbass and extend deeper as they should given the cone area advantage. I used Audyssey on a denon 4311 and had the speakers placed in the same location.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fattykid, I just got a Fatty at the thought of hearing these. I wonder why you didnt complete the sale before I left. Thanks. A. Lot.

:rolleyes::mad::D

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Fattykid, I just got a Fatty at the thought of hearing these. I wonder why you didnt complete the sale before I left. Thanks. A. Lot.

:rolleyes::mad::D
I'll be sure to let you know what I think of them when they get here. :)

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
So I received the 1099's today... Greg is a pleasure to deal with and a great member of the avs community. He packed them to withstand a nuclear blast. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again, and neither should anyone else here on the forum. :)

As for sound quality These will definitely need some eq in my room but after very preliminary 2 channel listening these are very close to dethroning my T8's. Don't be surprised if you see my Jtr's up for sale in the next couple weeks..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts