AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: 3- JTR/seaton designed subs

For sale are 3 series 1 captivators. Each sub has two 15" drivers, an 18" passive radiator and a slot port.

Beasts of subwoofers! Only reason I'm selling is I can't get them to play nicely with my Danley DTS-10s. I've been using them as speaker stands for my LCR (unpowered) but am finally getting custom stands for my LCR so these have to go.

Looking for $500 each. Local pickup in Dayton, Ohio. I am willing to drive up to 100 miles also to meet.

The subs are the ones from this add I purchased a couple years ago.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-a...ll-active-jtr-seaton-theater-system-sale.html

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
frack, that is a sweet deal. i'd abandon my marty plans, but 1300 miles -100 still doesn't work. I'd bet these go quick. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
For sale are 3 series 1 captivators. Each sub has two 15" drivers, an 18" passive radiator and a slot port.

Beasts of subwoofers! Only reason I'm selling is I can't get them to play nicely with my Danley DTS-10s. I've been using them as speaker stands for my LCR (unpowered) but am finally getting custom stands for my LCR so these have to go.

Looking for $500 each. Local pickup in Dayton, Ohio. I am willing to drive up to 100 miles also to meet.
Do you have the original boxes? If so, would you be willing to freight ship if a buyer arranged for it?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I unfortunately don't have the original boxes.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All of this talk got me curious so I decided too remove a radiator from one of the cabinets. There is only 1 15" driver and not two.

Sorry for any wrong info. When I bought the Danley system a couple of years ago the subs were basically a throw in. I already owned two dts-10s. I could never get them to play nicely together and have been using them as speaker stands while waiting to build a dedicated theater room that keeps getting delayed.

I now have custom stands being built for my Danley LCRs and have decided to just sell the subs. I should have researched better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Would you ship freight? Would your break-up? I only need 2. Any idea how these compare in performance to the later versions?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you ship freight? Would your break-up? I only need 2. Any idea how these compare in performance to the later versions?
I will separate. I can ship freight at the buyers expense. Not sure how I would box these things up though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Okay, let me try and make this happen tomorrow with a freight co for 2. Any recommendations?

The best I can tell, they are not Caps (18" drivers now) or Terraforms, but some hybrid offspring? Which amp would you recommend to power them? inuke6000? Which type of connectors are on them?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay, let me try and make this happen tomorrow with a freight co for 2. Any recommendations?

The best I can tell, they are not Caps (18" drivers now) or Terraforms, but some hybrid offspring? Which amp would you recommend to power them? inuke6000? Which type of connectors are on them?
They are neutrik connections. They were powered with a face audio f2000tx amp.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still have one of these left if anyone is interested. $300. Just need it out of my house at this point as I just finished a dedicated theater build using 4- DTS-10’s

Reactions: shivaji
1 - 15 of 15 Posts