AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
For sale, 2 satin espresso sierra towers with RAAL (ribbon tweeter) upgrade and domestic cabinets. A few years old. No issues, sounds great. The grills have never been used or even unpacked. Cabinets are in great condition. The RAAL is seriously the best sounding tweeter I've ever heard.

also 2 Sierra-2 books shelf speakers with domestic cabinets (upgrade) in matching satin espresso stain (also includes a RAAL tweeter). They have about 1 one weeks use so far. They were just pulled out of the box the first time and somehow I already have 2 tiny marks on the top of one.

Will post pics and more info later
MSRP $4450 - $3300 shipped CONUS +pp

S-2's are $1584, selling for $1200

Ok, taking another set of pics before they get sealed back up. My place is naturally dark and my only other option is super bright halogen lamps that make everything look harsh. Someone said they saw scratches where there were none, so I'm guessing it was glare. These speakers have a shine, and I have no way to take a pic of them well. I used sun shade up, sun shade down, backlighting, different angles, different exposures, even changed clothes to limit reflection. These are the upgraded domestic cabinets which are stained and have a wood grain, so there are marks from the grain.

speaker 1 is the speaker with no marks and no use and no scratches.

the 2nd one. There's just to the spots on the top front of the speaker, other sides have no marks or scratches.

The speakers are getting packed up now.

additional pics takes of the S-2s. I tried to keep the left and right in separate posts but that was bad for some unknown reason.

Sierra-2's are sold. New speakers ordered. Towers to up for sale shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, got your messages. I wasn't really expecting hits that quickly and I see that people want them separated. I posted quite a few things today and it turned into a full time job sorting thru the messages so let me catch up, take care of the things that sold, and work on the separate speakers and I'll get back...

·
Registered
13,150 Posts
I never heard back from him over PM.

Consider this my withdrawal as an interested party from your sale. Not my style.

Good luck to everyone else.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never heard back from him over PM.

Consider this my withdrawal as an interested party from your sale. Not my style.

Good luck to everyone else.
Ha, I addressed everyone who pm'd me in the above message. There was a major national holiday between my updates and like I said, the responses were more active than anticipated and I just couldn't do them all. I'm shipping out 3 more items today.

But, most of my items have taken a month or so to sell, so I wasn't expecting this. Since everyone asked for it, I will split them out but I need to keep the towers for a while. I've never had a use for the s-2s but only thought about selling the towers to try something new and I haven't ordered anything new yet. I will re-post later, but if anyone is interested and interested in waiting, let me know. I can ship the S-2s, in the original box, for $1200 shipped CONUS +pp. (for satin espresso and the $100 domestic cabinet upgrade).

As a side note, I've tried out 2, much more expensive speakers (including a $12,000 pair of Daedalus) without either convincing me I need to move up. I'm just (unfortunately) curious. Though, I realize part of this is my addiction to the tweeter.

·
Registered
13,150 Posts
Ha, I addressed everyone who pm'd me in the above message. There was a major national holiday between my updates and like I said, the responses were more active than anticipated and I just couldn't do them all. I'm shipping out 3 more items today.

But, most of my items have taken a month or so to sell, so I wasn't expecting this. Since everyone asked for it, I will split them out but I need to keep the towers for a while. I've never had a use for the s-2s but only thought about selling the towers to try something new and I haven't ordered anything new yet. I will re-post later, but if anyone is interested and interested in waiting, let me know. I can ship the S-2s, in the original box, for $1200 shipped CONUS +pp. (for satin espresso and the $100 domestic cabinet upgrade).

As a side note, I've tried out 2, much more expensive speakers (including a $12,000 pair of Daedalus) without either convincing me I need to move up. I'm just (unfortunately) curious. Though, I realize part of this is my addiction to the tweeter.
Thanks for the response. As a courtesy a reply PM would have been preferred to acknowledge mine was received.

I forgive you. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
154 Posts

I'm in the DC area and I'm interested in the towers. Are you back to potentially wanting to sell them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts